• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by adsh.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chris King bottom bracket rubber seals blown out?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any one else ck BB do this? I love using the tool to inject fresh grease, and do so very slowly whilst spinning it to avoid the pressure build up, but even still it does it

so question is, does any one bother to put them back in after? I regularly re-grease mine so its not sat for ages un-loved, they are an absolute pain in the bum to get back in without removing the retaining clip (which then defeats the purpose of the grease gun)

so will it die without the seals in?

adsh
    Free Member

Yes mine does it and I end up removing the circlip and replacing while still using the tool.

I think it will die more quickly without the seals

GolfChick
    Free Member

yeah last time mine were filled one side blew out n took a few mins to get clip off to refit. I could do with doing mine again but dont fancy shelling out for the tool, might have to go back to the shop.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

seems like an extra bit of faff and time removing the circlip and seal, its a real quick 1 minute job without doing that

do you guys know where I can get any spare seals and maybe a few new circlips from at all? google efforts have fallen short 🙁

adsh
    Free Member

I think thinner grease would help. Seeing as I do mine quite frequently thin grease would be fine

postierich
    Free Member

happened to mine binned them and I,m still alive just degrease more ofter i.e. heavy wet rides!

gee
    Free Member

Yes same here. Stupid design.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

grand cheers!

I’m gonna run them without the seals in given the few are doing so above, if it fails and starts to feel bad, ill buy some and stick em back in 🙂

captaindanger

Same problem, highly disappointing given the investment. I’m hoping a hope BB will be the answer to all my creaky BB woes.

davosaurusrex

How often is everyone regreasing their King BBs?

I have a strange craving for some green onions now

adsh
    Free Member

I give mine a twirl with my fingers every time I swap my Stages which is pretty often. If I feel any dryness/grit I give em a squirt.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chris King bottom bracket rubber seals blown out?’ is closed to new replies.