Chris huhne?

Home Forum Chat Forum Chris huhne?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Chris huhne?
  • uselesshippy

So, guilty, innocent,
    Greasy little muppet either way?
    Discuss….

TandemJeremy

Guilty but might sleaze his way out of it

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

can we wait 25 minutes until we know if he’ll face charges?

the muppet thing, though +1

IanMunro

Nah much more fun to speculate wwaswas 🙂
    I reckon guilty and the reason the CPS is holding a press-conference is to explain it’s reasoning for not prosecuting.
    That or his ex really has made it all up and they’re prosecuting her instead.

Premier Icon slowoldgit
    Subscriber

Ten am.

My bet would be that Dave will cut him loose, he’s seen the affect of public disrust of politicians already.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

The way everyone’s out to get him, He seems to be uniquely unpopular

Imagine how much of a **** you have to be to stand out as being seriously disliked in the Westminster world of backstabbing, self-obsessed parasites? Quite an achievement really

PJM1974

“Chris Huhne” is Swahili for “Self serving career politician scumbag who should never be allowed to hold office again”.

Trufax.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

🙂 at binners.

His Mrs has made a proper statement hasn’t she? definitely needs to be either him getting prosecuted or her then, not swept under the carpet with “not enough evidence” or whatever.

uselesshippy

Please, please, please, can he end up with six months in Belmarsh nick.
    In the sex offenders wing.ouy 😈

ohnohesback

Don’t you realise that there is one rule for Them and another for us?

Junkyard

i heard he was going to be made captain of england and terry was going to get his job

nickf

To defend him – this was a relatively trivial offence, which many many people have done, and has been dragged up by his ex-wife. If she was happy to do this 9 years ago, what’s the basis for going to the police now?

Spite, that’s all. Legally, he may be in the wrong, but I don’t like the way in which the ex-Mrs Huhne has gone about this. And I hope she’s prosecuted alongside him.

uselesshippy

Defend him? He’s politician, which makes him one with satan.

ohnohesback

Worse, he’s a Lib-Dem…

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

bbc reporting he will face charges.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

this was a relatively trivial offence, which many many people have done

Thing is lots of people have done it, believing it to be trivial because its easily done…. but its not in any way trivial, the maximum sentence for perverting the course of justice is life. I think if a trial goes ahead a lot of people are going to start to realise how much potential shit they are in – committing a major crime to wriggle out of a minor fine.

Although in this case theres been the breakdown of a relationship that has brought the issue out into the open, lots of people have been so casual about doing this that they’ve blabbed to their friends and colleagues about it (certainly people have blabbed to me), anyone could shop them. Both the person who has dodged the points and the one who has taken them will be in the frame for prosecution too.

ohnohesback

He’ll resign from the cabinet, another non-entity will replace him qualified only by the fact he is a Lib-Dem, and it will all continue as usual…

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

he’s going to take it on the chin then?

He’s been charged. 😆

TandemJeremy

The speeding offese was trivial = perverting the curse of justice / perjury / whatever he could be charged with is not and should get him jail time. Especially from a minister this level of dishonesty is not acceptable – lying in court is what he did even if only by written statement

Premier Icon slowoldgit
    Subscriber

Perhaps the man was so dodgy that all the other MPs noticed?

nickf

Especially from a minister this level of dishonesty is not acceptable – lying in court is what he did even if only by written statement

You’re aware that this happened nine years ago, when the chance of him being a minister was as likely as finding that Nelson Mandela and John Terry are best mates.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Apparently John Terry is going to be Immigration Minister and Huhne’s heading over to the England captaincy.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

You’re aware that this happened nine years ago, when the chance of him being a minister was as likely as finding that Nelson Mandela and John Terry are best mates.

So he’s suddenly become more honest since becoming a minister?

Interesting to see his wife has also been charged – I did always think if he was guilty so was she. Effectively her attempt to get him back has resulted in her dropping herself in it – I wonder if she got any legal advice before making her statement, or if she’s so bitter she considers it a price worth paying?

Junkyard

Especially from a minister this level of dishonesty is not acceptable exactly what we would expect anyone remember the lib dem pledges, the Iraq dossier,expenses, we are all in it together etc

FTFY

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Interesting to see his wife has also been charged

good. then with any luck the BBC will stop peppering their finance stories with her talking head twaddle.

TandemJeremy

Resigned now :-0

My bet his wife will get charged but she has a defence / plea for mitigation – done under duress and she ‘fessed up. She gets a fine he gets jail

Now reported it “perverting the course of justice” he is being prosecuted for. there must be more than “he said, She said” for prosecution to go ahead.

Hew is going down. Hubris. 🙂

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

Mr Huhne, Lib Dem MP for Eastleigh, in Hampshire, said he was innocent and would fight his case in court.

what a div. Starmer’s not going expose himelf by issuing a summons without something absolutley rock solid.

uselesshippy

Wasn’t she out of the country or something. Deep down, I know the greasy little scrotum will get off. But you’ve got to dream.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Resigned now :-0

Not a lot of choice really – well I suppose he had the choice between jumping or getting pushed.

My bet his wife will get charged but she has a defence / plea for mitigation – done under duress and she ‘fessed up. She gets a fine he gets jail

I’m not convinced “duress” is either a valid defence or one she can successfully use – are you suggesting he was threatening her with physical harm? Surely it’s just the same as all the other people who did this and she was at worst a semi-willing accomplice. Neither am I convince that her “fessing up” will be seen as that noble a gesture.

I should point out I’m not defending Mr Huhne at all – I just don’t think she’s all that innocent.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

mleh

hell serve minimal jail time if any

meanwhile camerons hand will be removed from his rectum and a new libdem puppet will be mounted on it to continue rubber stamping tory policy

hune will end up cashing in his favours from his time as energy minister probably get a ceo position with bnf or someone

all though if archer got to keep his peerage hune will possibly find a way back in to politics

his wifes being a bit vindictive too

Mr Woppit

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Except perhaps Ed Ballocks.

jota180

Apparently John Terry is going to be Immigration Minister and Huhne’s heading over to the England captaincy

I think they’d notice though if he got his missus to take a penalty for him

thegreatape

I think they’d notice though if he got his someone elses missus to take a penalty for him

Dobbo

He’s a slimey weasely **** with a capital C

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

bookies giving 3/1 odds of hune being back in the cabinet before the next election

it seems you cant keep a good man down 😉

jota180

That’s odds against so they think he won’t

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber
    Junkyard

they are not very long odds though are they 1 in 3 chance

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Chris huhne?’ is closed to new replies.