Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)
  • Chris Evans to lead Top Gear line-up
  • jamesfts
    Free Member

Don’t really understand all the flapping over this, happy to take or leave Chris Evans at least he’s got a healthy interest in cars.

Fingers crossed for VBH, Tiff or Plato to be joining him – it’s about time that Top Gear had a presenter that could actually drive a car with some competancy!

tyrionl1
    Free Member

mark90 – Member
    It wouldn’t help they turned me down for the police because of the 5’6″ height restriction, then let small women in, and black and gay ones, how fair was that?
    You need to tick more minority boxes. Have you thought about dyeing you hair ginger? Or choosing a more niche sexuality?

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #
    footflaps – Member
    It wouldn’t help they turned me down for the police because of the 5’6″ height restriction, then let small women in, and black and gay ones, how fair was that?
    If you really wanted in you could have had gender reassignment surgery, so no sympathy here

So is that not Un British? I’ve hidden my guilty relationship with MissVera dot com for what seems like forever, I’m not convinced it will help me in my plan to be the replacement ‘short’ Gingergear presenter..

jimster01

Must say, six pages in just over 24 hours, the blokes almost as divisive as the one he’s replacing.

hora
    Free Member

This lot could start an argument with themselves.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I heard that the BBC are opening up one of the presenter slots to US lot (well the public, which I guess includes STW’ers). You simply have to apply for the Job. How exactly I don’t know but suggest it’ll be by some social media wobbly iPhone recording posted all across the internetz….
    I don’t have the link, but I did hear it on the News yesterday..

Off you trot, could well be your new carear along with CE and JK… and lets face it I guess some of you would love to be in the middle of that duo 😆

JEngledow
    Free Member

This lot could start an argument with themselves.

No they can’t

nickjb
    Free Member

Want the job? Details here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33180779

On Thursday’s radio show, Evans gave details of the audition process, which invites applicants to post a video on an as-yet-to-be-revealed website, from Friday, 19 June.
    The videos must meet the following criteria.
    • Applicants must be over 16.
    • They should talk direct to camera.
    • Videos should be shot “from the waist up”.
    • Cars should not feature in the video.
    • No stunts.
    • No gimmicks.
    • Entrants must be knowledgeable about cars “because Top Gear has to have an authenticity”.
    • The video must be no longer than 30 seconds. “If it is, we won’t watch it.”

mark90
    Free Member

All my waist down videos are less than 30 seconds 😉

As they already have the ginger presenter box ticked I’ll have to focus on some other niche angle (niche sounds sooo much more STW than minority). Unless they go for a full sweep of ginger gorgeousness, CE, me and Gillian Anderson 😀

tyrionl1
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    I heard that the BBC are opening up one of the presenter slots to US lot

Twas what I’ve been on about and it’s you lot us vertically challenged are discriminated against due to camera height and pedal distances, I’ve rehearsed my piece to camera several times, but even with a extra long selfie stick all you get is the background and my well articulated voice.

footflaps

I assume that SurfMatt will be entering this, as he is the world’s greatest driver…

ninfan
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc…-BBC-asked-me-to-return-as-Top-Gear-host.html

Clarkson said: “I had a meeting with a BBC executive last week and they asked if I’d come back to Top Gear.”

However, the BBC quickly denied the claim, stating: “We haven’t offered another Top Gear contract.”

Is it just me, or is there something subtle but also overly specific about the BBC’s denial…

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds like they had a chat with him, possibly setting out exactly how much humble pie he’d need to eat. And that he didn’t fancy it.

The reception to the Evans announcement has been positive enough for them to forget him now anyway IMO. One poll I saw was 60/40 against, which is actually really good I reckon. Ben Affleck would have been on less than 10% after the Batman announcement.

bearnecessities

I hate to bump this bizarre thread, but the ginger one is currently being interviewed by the [insert insult of choice] on a TG re-run on BBC3 at the moment 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Interview on R4 Media Show is worth a listen if you want his side of the story…
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00dv9hq

Comes across as a very smart and self-aware bloke.

Klunk
    Free Member
    njee20
    Free Member

What a pretentious article. I really dislike the writer.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The Graun goes gonzo.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I really dislike the writer.

“…for years now, a vast, gaping inter-dimensional sphincter, the size of a gothic cathedral rose window, has throbbed and dilated silently at the heart of the BBC buildings on Upper Regent Street, belching fossil fumes and foul thoughts from a dark realm of negative space. I saw inside the pulsating meat oculus once, caught unawares as I stumbled across the Dave channel late at night, drunk. There, between Lee Mack’s laughing face and Robson Green’s leaping fish, compelling footage of the fetid portal’s sickening interior unfurled endlessly into the small hours. I saw it, so you don’t have to.”

Ha ha…I love Stewart Lee 😀

martinhutch

I love that. Just when you think he’s going to rein it back and make a serious point, like David Mitchell might, he takes it up a level or two 😀

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Seeing as we’re discussing Stewart Lee and Top Gear in the same thread…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc[/video]

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 220 total)

The topic ‘Chris Evans to lead Top Gear line-up’ is closed to new replies.