Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Chris Akrigg new video
  • dawson

Monstercross this time

[video]http://youtu.be/bAJT5-EKvy0[/video]

weeksy

Rubbish.

bigblackshed

I’d by off and walking most of that and he’s doing it on a burly cross bike. Talented bastard.

I could do the beer and sausages though.

DickBarton

Seriously impressive. I really like his videos.

ads678

Like that, looks fun!

matt_outandabout

Brilliant stuff. #LikeABoss

(Arran, no?)

mark88

Talented rider, but that doesn’t look at all fun.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

He’s so good. Makes unreadable trails rideable. And great just listening to the trail noise.

km79
    Free Member

Is that frame bag glued on? Can’t see any straps.

vondally
    Free Member

Just soooo ggggooooooodddddded…..

nealglover
    Free Member

He is great rider obviously, but that didn’t look fun at all.
    And for me, it’s not a great video, was a bit bored tbh. 😐

spacemonkey

I liked that.

First half had me thinking “I can do that” then he ramped it up and I bailed on that thought.

Surely we’d all love to ride a bike like that in the wilds?

granny_ring

He’s alright I guess. 😀

marvincooper

Does he have an STW account? Be good to know so I make sure never to buy a second hand bike off him.

Talented bstard!

captaindanger

I think it’s pretty cool and looks a lot of fun. So that’s that.

somouk
    Free Member

Is that frame bag glued on? Can’t see any straps.

I think I saw somewhere it has built in poppers to attach it to the frame. There is a strap around the seat tube and head tube as well I think.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I can’t help but wonder whats the point in that bike, is it just a 29″ hardtail with skinny tyres and silly handlebars?!

theboyneeds
    Free Member

No music. Nice!

Northwind

Bike not good enough to let him really do his thing but not shit enough to be crazy… I mean, who wouldn’t rather watch this?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlDRdRQc9oQ[/video]

Or more relevantly maybe, this:
    [video]https://youtu.be/GGP6H5iVfgE[/video]

funkmasterp

Beautiful scenery and brilliant riding. Nice change to have no music. I would love to have even a tiny bit of his skill on a bike. The bike looks pretty good to me, wouldn’t mind something like that for a bit of everything style riding. I’d make a poor attempt at emulating this though and end up in A&E

ctk
    Free Member

Slow motion skids X2 lol.

sharkattack

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74fhD_DNGQY[/video]

colournoise

Just having a small Semenuk Vs Akrigg debate with a riding mate on Facebook.

I prefer Akrigg…

slickandslide
    Free Member

Coming back from a injury isn’t he?

sirromj

I’ve been follow both Sam Pilgrim & Ali Clarkson a fair bit recently on youtube. Watched this and wondered why he doesn’t choose a more suitable bike for his style of riding. Then I saw him pedal.

colournoise

slickandslide – Member
    Coming back from a injury isn’t he?

Shoulder surgery?

dragon
    Free Member

Scenic and decent riding obviously, but it seemed to highlight all the flaws of the bike. It would be far easier to ride on a 29er XC bike, why bother with that monstercross thing?

Deathgrip Best Track in the World with Ratboy and Brendog is my fav current video. Semenuk puts a lot into his vids but I find them too sterile, just BMX but bigger. It’s not mtb as most know it, with rocks and roots.

jonnym92

(Arran, no?)

Yeah looks like it to me, noticed the Holy Isle straight away.
    Wish I took my bike when I was there last..

Sweet video, the guy is just sprinting all the time!
    I agree though, pretty much an XC bike. Are/Do CX bikes have dropper posts?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Bike looks nice but no more so than an XC bike with skinny tyres. I don’t get it.

matt_outandabout

i don’t get it

Sponsor wants new model promoted.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that cheers.

Speeder

matt_outandabout – Member
    i don’t get it
    Sponsor wants new model promoted.

He really needs a new sponsor. Do Mongoose even make any decent bikes or is it pretty much all BSOs?

monkeyboyjc

It’s not really a bike aimed at mtb’rs – it’s a gravel / adventure bike aimed at roadies that want to do a little more than just ride around in circles on tarmac and the video reflects this IMO.

I think it’s a great video – it’s pushing the limits of the bike, I couldn’t do even half that stuff on my fat tyred Road bike.

He really needs a new sponsor.

nothing wrong with Mongoose – just because the make cheap bikes as well as expensive ones doesn’t mean all their bikes are crappy. They may not be the trendiest brand but they seem to let Chris Akrigg do pretty much what he wants with the video he makes – maybe the sponsorship deal works for him? After all he’s being paid to ride bikes which is more than I can say.

nedrapier

I can see it works for him. I’ve always wondered how successful it is for Mongoose though. Chris A isn’t doing all that jaw-dropping stuff because the bike’s good is he? Almost the opposite – a lot of the videos play on the fact that the bike he’s on is rubbish, or at least inappropriate – e.g. fixie trials and especially brakeless trials!

atlaz
    Free Member

Chris A isn’t doing all that jaw-dropping stuff because the bike’s good is he

None of the riders in videos are doing their thing because the bike is what that makes it possible, it’s down to their skill. Would Chris Akrigg be better on a Santa Cruz? Doubt it. I would imagine that the builds on his Mongoose bikes are not standard by any means.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Daft bugger choosing a bike like that to ride trails like that.

Also I don’t like this type of vid where person appears to be super human fit with the speed they carry, or is it all just completely false and they ride no more than 100yds at a time 🙄

Where was it, looks v nice !

johnx2
    Free Member

nice video. I must try riding more on the drops…

The bits that are utterly impossible (tricks from 2 mins in, bike over stepping stones etc) are what he makes look easy. The actual riding over rough ground looks more like hard work, which probably does say something about xbiking.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Super human? absolutely! The climb @38s is seriously impressive, I’ve never made it up that on a MTB!.

Some awesome singletrack, Clauchlands cliff descent is fantastic (Though ISON rep broke his leg on there a couple of weeks back, not sure he’d agree…) other places in vid – Fallen rocks at sannox, north glen sannox, glen rosa, ross road at start.

Seriously, don’t go to Arran, the biking is shite. 😉

Stevet1
    Free Member

Semenuk puts a lot into his vids but I find them too sterile

It’s not sterile, it’s pure, distilled AWESOMENESS.

boxelder

He was on Arran for Fabric launch I think, linked to Grinder and some of those trails are from the event (before the rain/mud…).
    On the bike – not everyone wants a bike to make things easier, or indeed faster. Allow people to prefer different bikes to you, it’s healthy (though whether CA would choose that bike given a free choice I don’t know – he’s obviously having fun though)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Chris Akrigg new video’ is closed to new replies.