Choosing a holiday destination – what a mare!

Home Forum Chat Forum Choosing a holiday destination – what a mare!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Choosing a holiday destination – what a mare!
  • peterfile

anyone care to comment on that? (they mentioned dubrovnik/dalmatian coast)

Go to dubrovnik for a couple of nights, then drive into Montenegro for a week.

Thank me when you come back.

Premier Icon wallop

I would looooooooove to go to Montenegro. Where’s the place to start?

San Sebastian.

Just back from Frejus in the South of France having flown to Nice and hired a car. Awesome holiday, can do pretty much everything there you’d care for. Other places I’d recommend have been done already e.g. Lake Garda.

I liked Frejus too

Tolon / Tolo near Nafplion has some good hotels and restaurants and a good beach and is close to Argos, Epidavros, Mycenae, the Argive Heraion, Corinth, the Akte Peninsula and is just a great place to stay. Nafplion’s pretty nice too.

Can’t fault the suggestion of a trip to Western Crete, either. We just love Crete. And the Peloponnesus, and the Argolid, and Mani, and Epirus, and Pelion (now there’s a lovely pace a bit off the beaten track).

Hmmm, most of Greece then!

Sorrento mentioned and a good option, not met anyone yet who hasn’t enjoyed the amalfi coast.

Somewhere we went last year and I enjoyed far more than expected was Paphos on Cyprus. Like Greece, but cleaner, loads of old stuff to see. Troodos mountains by jeep is a good day out and was a surprise.

Plenty of options to laze about in cafe’s around the harbour. Nice people and passable local lagers, can get quite hot though..

Mallorca! Puerto pollensa is great for family holidays IT IS NOT MAGALUFF! lol!I lived there for a year and a half when I first got here.
    Plus its not just great for roadies fantastic mountain biking too. Bear in mind that it is a small island,and you can drive from one end to another in an hour. Give me a shout if you want I know a fair few properties to let around the central part of the island, and you are welcome to join me for a ride if you fancy it

Wallop. We flew into Dubrovnik, picked up a prebooked car and drove to an apartment in Prancj, near Kotor. Beautiful part of the world, swimming in the fjord outside our digs, lots of quiet bars and tavernas. Prices cheap.
    Possible downsides, depending on your point of view: no beaches, at least not by Cornish, Scottish etc standards. Drove to a couple and were disappointed. Roads are a bit dicey but keep you’re wits about you and you’ll be fine. Very few Brits (good) but lots of dour Bosnians and Russians.

Premier Icon wallop

That’s fine – not a fan of beaches!Thanks for the tips.

We couldn’t decide a few years ago so Googled ‘where to go on holiday?’ and ended up in Croatia. Kornati Islands for amazing snorkeling, Zadar for the city thing with a sea organ (why are there not more of these?) and Plitvice National Park. Need to make use of public transport to get about, but found it pretty good, check the man in seat 61.

On the same basis, we’re off to Malta this year.

Kefalonia it is. Booked. Paid for.
    Roll on September 8) 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Choosing a holiday destination – what a mare!’ is closed to new replies.