Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Choosing a Best Man
  • highclimber
    Free Member

Where do you start? we’ve provisionnal set a date for about 12months time for the wedding and I need a best man.

I have a number of close male friends I would love to be my best man but I can’t really decide on who I should pick?

Should I
    a) get them to perform an X factor style audition,

b) Send an application form out

c) other (please specify)

godzilla
    Free Member

Pick the one who’s most likely to bankroll the stag to end all stags, unless your going on don’t tell the bride, then pick the organised one.

jools182
    Free Member

Just have no mates like me

Then choose a relative

binners

Everyone has a mate with whom they’ve shared the most drunken, drug-fuelled, decadent, debauched and frankly shameful experiences of their lives.

Him

highclimber
    Free Member

Everyone has a mate with whom they’ve shared the most drunken, drug-fuelled, decadent, debauched and frankly shameful experiences of their lives.

There is someone almost fitting this description in my shortlist.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Choose the one you wouldn’t mind having a reacharound mini bromance with.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Chosing my best man was the easiest desicion for me, my sister. She’s been there through every other part of my life so it was brilliant to have her so involved with the biggest day of my life.
    Was a proper nightmare choosing what she was going to wear though.

mrkstvnz
    Free Member

My uncle got married last year and he had two best men because he couldn’t decide. Edit. because he wanted them both to be.

grum
    Free Member

I copped out and had 4 best men. If the bride can have several bridesmaids I don’t see why not.

binners

Pik n Mix – not just me then? My sister was my best man too. We’ve always been really close, more like best mates, and spent a lost decade in our 20’s, of clubbing, festivals, and generally being absolutely appallingly behaved!

She came up trumps on the best mans speech with a PowerPoint presentation of all my best ‘moments’. The look on my mother in laws face through it was worth the price of admission alone! 🙂

butcher

Fight.

Him

That’s exactly the one you don’t want. Not when it comes to the speech…

PiknMix
    Free Member

The only problem with it was she had every single embarrassing picture ever taken of me, and wasn’t afraid to use them.

binners

Yeah….our kid didn’t skimp on the humiliation either

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

You start and end with the one who will definately do it and won’t chicken out and is sociable and funny,..pick that one.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

This is why I love disliking most of my mates !

shermer75
    Free Member

Were any around when you met your soon-to-be mrs? Or had any part in the two of you getting together? That’s a good way of choosing someone without hurting other people’s feelings

binners

On this very subject, read White City Blue by Tim Lott. Addresses this very issue, and is one of the best books I’ve ever read. Poignant and funny

Junkyard
    Free Member

I copped out and had 4 best men. If the bride can have several bridesmaids I don’t see why not.

That or pick your only sibling to avoid having to pick , this was my approach

highclimber
    Free Member

I could choose my step-father but I dont like him too much on account of his casual homophobia and racist opinions. Can I get away with not inviting him to the wedding at all you think?

binners

Get Nige to arrange a UKIP conference for the same weekend. Sorted!

highclimber
    Free Member

He wouldn’t last an hour before being deemed too extreme, I think

jam-bo

I had two.

project
    Free Member

I could choose my step-father but I dont like him too much on account of his casual homophobia and racist opinions. Can I get away with not inviting him to the wedding at all you think?

Ask one of your gay freinds to be best man if you know any, camper the better, and then ask him to chat up the father in law, while making smutty inuendo, then post the videos on here.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Choosing a Best Man’ is closed to new replies.