Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Choo choo…..Vrooom vroom……
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Top Gear returns on Sunday! With a choo choo train!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8106414.stm

Oh, and Ken Block racing some nutcase on a FMX bike!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I really really can’t wait.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Let’s hope it’s less tired/irritating than previously (I’ll still watch it of course)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Let’s hope it’s less tired/irritating than previously (I’ll still watch it of course)

+1

It’s part of my TV-masochism habit i.e. the stuff I watch that I know I’ll hate but I watch it just to see how bad it’ll be.

Houns

More excited about this then my GF’s birthday which is also on Sunday 😉

willard

What they really need is a female presenter that’s older then them to win over the women that would normally turn over.

Maybe Angela Rippon would be interested…

timber

there better be no one in the way as I try to get home in time to watch this on Sunday 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Followed by a James May special about going to the moon.

That’s sunday evening neatly organised.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ScottChegg – Member
    Followed by a James May special about going to the moon.

Really? Superb!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you want to watch something really good about the moon, then the doc In the Shadow of the Moon is marvellous. I’ll give JM’s thing a go though. He’s mildly entertaining when not being completely derivative.

glenh
    Free Member

Awesome. Vroooom, choo, braaaaap

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

What’s the prediction for the format for this series?
    1st lets test drive the new supercar from XXX. Obnoxious **** shouts like an overgrown kid as he drives a fast car around a track.
    Pt 1 of Pointless challenge where the 3 presenters ‘pretend’ to be having a race in some exotic part of the world or wrecking something whilst taking the piss out of cap’n slow and holding up everyone else.
    Car news where obnoxious **** uses ‘humour’ and dubious statistics to disguise his racist/homophobic/right wing/boy racer/oil guzzling agenda, while taking the piss out of cap’n slow. In the meantime,the hamster tries (too hard) to be a lovable mini version of the obnoxious ****.
    Celebrity drives round track in a normal car.
    Ex racing driver drives round track in the fast car reviewed in the beginning of the show.
    Pt 2 of Pointless challenge.
    And that’s all we’ve got time for tonight, good night.

Can’t wait.

glenh
    Free Member

Top Tip:
    If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Harry_the_Spider

Not a fan then?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

ld – cmon, speak your mind!

nicks
    Free Member

ill rush home from mayhem to catch it !!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I always wondered who would be watching Strictly Gone Dancing when it was on opposite TG.

Lobby Doss!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Top Tip:
    If you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

really. No sh1t sherlock.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think you’ll find that the swear filter accepts “shit”

Top Gear is Shit though…

Zedsdead
    Free Member

That’s my ultimate motorcycle

They have one in the transport mueseum in Glasgow and it is sublime.

One day, one day……

Bunnyhop

My ex-nextdoor neighbour, a stunner, applied for the job of presenter when this new format came out a few years ago now. I encouraged her to go for the interview, alas it went to an all chaps line up.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I have already sky plused it when i saw the trailer last sunday. the trailer is as good as the show can be.

skidartist
    Free Member

What do you mean “all chaps line up”. They’ve got three presenters right? James May, and Ian and Jeanette Krankie.

skidartist
    Free Member

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

lol skidartist

Muke
    Free Member

The Stig will take his helmet off apparently…my guess is Paul Rees (racing driver)

psychle
    Free Member

my guess is that we won’t find out anything on the Stig at all… there’ll be a mask or somesuch under there…

grumm
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – you missed out the embarrasingly sycophantic audience laughing unconvincingly at all the corny jokes.

It’s occasionally entertaining but I HATE the studio audience format.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Love the trailer for the new show. Fantasic, how they got kids who looked like young Clarkson and May. Hamster of course played his young self…

It will be the same, tired old format, with Clarkson praps trying to be even more right-wing and obnoxious, Hamster trying to look ‘cool’ and be the ladies’ favourite, and May wandering round with a ‘wtf am I doing here?’ expression on his face.

I shall, shamefully, probbly be watching, mind… 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

PS; I said, a good while ago on here, that the Stig is in fact different people. They’ve had several different racing drivers do the job. To try and preserve some sort of continuity, they’ve hidden the person’s identity, and created an enigma. Clever. Also avoided the individual drivers getting too uppity, and made it easy to replace them, should they be crushed/maimed/killed/have other commitments.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Can’t wait for it, sorta watching James and Oz now. Tara!

dyna-ti

The train they’re racing is the first to be british built for fifty odd years
    For those of us that like british engineering at its best

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Choo choo…..Vrooom vroom……’ is closed to new replies.