Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Choice of two bikes – I can't decide.
  • motozulu
    Free Member

Both look good deals but I need help deciding which is the better overall bargain. The SL weighs just under 12kg, the Reaction Pro 11.3 – so not really an issue…I normally ride the Cannock red routes and I know the Cubes are a bit ‘racy’ but reckon I’ve come on enough to cope with that, just can’t pick between these two…are the RX brakes and Sun ringle hubs on the Reaction a bit suspect? Does the SL clinch it with the full XT bling?

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/6802/cube-reaction-pro-hardtail-xc-mountain-bike-2012-sale

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/p/6335/cube-ltd-sl-hardtail-bike-2012-sale

wwaswas

that link only works for you as they have the details stored in cookies on your pc.

motozulu
    Free Member

sorry – fixed it. 😳

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gonzy
    Free Member

i use ringle hubs on my DH bike. never had an issue with them.
    i’ve also used their rims in the past with no problems.
    IMO they’re fantastic products.

neninja
    Free Member

The Reaction has XT running gear too apart from the RX brakes and SLX shifters.

It also arguably has the better frame although the geometry might be more XC race biased (I don’t know but would be worth checking).

The only thing that would put me off the Reaction is the press fit bottom bracket but I’m sure if fitted correctly they are fine.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I like the stealth black one 🙂

haggis1978

Def the black one. Purely because Cube paint jobs are gopping imo

motozulu
    Free Member

Thanks so far – I was wondering how much of a difference the XC geometry would make. At the moment I’m riding a very heavy merida matts 300 trail with a clunky suntour xcm fork (120mm). Will the 100mm reba’s not cope with the Cannock red runs I ride? or will it just be a bit ‘twitchier’ with a lighter bike? I’ll have to see if I can dig up info on the geometry.

motozulu
    Free Member

I actually prefer the SL green and grey paint job – but I’d best not decide on colour alone. 😀

motozulu
    Free Member

And I have no idea if ‘gopping’ is good or bad.

ojom
    Free Member

The only thing that would put me off the Reaction is the press fit bottom bracket but I’m sure if fitted correctly they are fine.

Fitting has little to do with them lasting.
    They are made of cheese generally with the poorest sealing you could wish for.

motozulu
    Free Member

Many bikes have the press fit now though – so that’s one to avoid then?

ojom
    Free Member

Don’t avoid it if you really want the bike that has it. Besides, Chris King now make the BB’s so all is well once again.

DezB
    Free Member

Reaction. The other one has a cheapo crank and Shimano hubs.

ojom
    Free Member

P.s. in answer to the OP – the Reaction frame is superior. I would say that is a great buy at that money.

haggis1978

Gopping=Bad, very bad 😉

ska-49
    Free Member

I’d go for the reaction. Much better spec for not a lot more.
    Im not a fan of press fit but I’ve used it and never head a problem.

DezB
    Free Member

Goppness is in the eye of the beholder

steve_b77
    Free Member

I have noticed they only have small wheels, how bizzare 😆

motozulu
    Free Member

Ha ha no 29ers for this boy 😀 though it does seem harder to buy a 26er these days.

Thanks very much for the opinions – seems the reaction is winning by a frame – goppy paint job n ‘all.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Go for the Pro, it’s got bar ends.

motozulu
    Free Member

Thanks – very insightful. 🙄

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Choice of two bikes – I can't decide.’ is closed to new replies.