• This topic has 57 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Chocolate bars, which one makes you taste buds go crazy?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I love an awful lot of chocolate bars, some of my favourites include Topic, Picnic & right up the is the Reeses wafer stick things

Yes I know it’s not actual chocolate, but that aside the one that makes my tastebuds explode is the humble Crunchie, I normally have at least one bar of something a day, but in lockdown times I have been having one snack size Crunchie a day & it’s not enough, I’m still buzzing from the one I had 20 minutes ago, I want another.
    What is your chocolate nemesis?

redmex
    Free Member

stumpyjon

Boost, love the combination of chewy and crunchy, proper mouthful.

MoreCashThanDash

Kit Kat Chunky

cheburashka
    Free Member
    patagonian
    Free Member

Starbar

crazy-legs

Not a chocolate bar but I can sit there and eat through a large sharing pack of peanut M&Ms in fairly short order.
    I tend not to buy them for that very reason!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Dammit, I’m thinking about opening a 200g bag of chocolate raisins now!

MoreCashThanDash

Not a chocolate bar but I can sit there and eat through a large sharing pack of peanut M&Ms in fairly short order.
    I tend not to buy them for that very reason!

To be fair, so can I.

Now started on a bar of Aldi low budget fruit and nut.

robbo1234biking

Yep whenever the wife is out for the evening I demolish a pack of peanut m and ms. She hasn’t been out for 8 weeks now 😕

colournoise

Boost.
    Yorkie Biscuit and Raisin.

But the crack of the chocolate world is most definitely…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Cherry Ripe

WANT!

simondbarnes

Dairy Milk

allfankledup

Cadbury’s big taste peanut caramel crisp

If you know you know

twonks

Boost just taste really artificial and bad.
    Fridge cold star bars are the bestest.

Ultimate favourite isn’t a chocolate bar but an ice cream snickers.

tdog
    Free Member

@colournoise – yougotit!

scaredypants

Oooh, those cherry ripe sound like the legendary Cabana

For high-consumption choco-filth though, it was* the mighty Galaxy for me – the king of common chocolate

(*and now I’m T2 diabetic 🙁 )

funkrodent

Lots of good calls here. The peanut M&Ms I have to strictly ration, too moorish.

The Aldi fruit and nut (posher of their two choices) is to die for.

Star Bar and Boost are peas from the same pod. Love them both, don’t understand how you could like one and not the other. Weirdo.

Ice cream snickers. Yes!

However, for me a bag of M&S chocolate peanuts and M&S chocolate raisins, mixed together, has me drooling at the thought. Chocolate heaven

scaredypants

Oh, minstrels WITH skittles is was the family bag combo of choice for me

tomhoward

Kit Kat chunky (milk or white)
    Drifter
    Boost
    Lion bar
    Mint Aero

Chocolate bars are like films, I can’t pick an absolute favourite, so that’s my top 5.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

OMG, Drifter, how did I miss that out of the original list?

You catcha my drift? 😉

MoreCashThanDash

However, for me a bag of M&S chocolate peanuts

Forgotten about them….

doomanic

Cadbury’s Twirl or Galaxy Minstrels, straight from the fridge. Or, when they’re in season, Cadbury’s Cream Egg. Also straight from the fridge.

Strictly low carb these days though, so no chocolate has passed my lips since Easter.

slowoldman

Yes I know it’s not actual chocolate, but that aside the one that makes my tastebuds explode is the humble Crunchie

Funny you should say that. I’m a very dark, bitter chocolate man myself, the more cocoa the better, but I love a Crunchie.

stevious

I can’t think of any reason why I like Fry’s Turkish Delight, but I almost always buy one when I do the supermarket shop and eat it when I get back to the car.

I once read them described as ‘A refrigerated human organ dipped in chocolate’, which is actually pretty accurate. Still can’t help myself though.

richardkennerley

I love a bag of caramac buttons, but I fear they’ve been discontinued. 😕

Big fan of a kit kat chunky, with it without peanut butter. I wish they’d do a dark chunky though.

Flipz are pretty good as well.

And I know this is a biscuit, but I can’t stop once the choco liebniz are popped.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41p8xR54j2L.jpg

CountZero

Reeses cups are pretty moreish, but my addictions are Snickers and Kit-Kats, regular and chunky.

nuke

Double Decker all i need

andrewreay

Think Home Bargains had some Caramac Buttons. But I take no responsibility for the consequences should you find them there.

They are like crack cocaine.

Also, dangerously addictive are the US Peanut Butter M&M’s. A cross between the Peanut M&M and a Reese’s Cup. Holy moly, they are good. Probably banned in the UK because the NHS couldn’t afford the consequences.

Danger – do not click here

DickBarton

Spira was mine but not been available for 16 years so I no longer have a favourite really, I’ll munch anything that isn’t dark chocolate as that is truly awful!

franksinatra

Or, when they’re in season, Cadbury’s Cream Egg. Also straight from the fridge.

When I was a kid my mum worked for Coca-Cola Schweppes who also owned Cadbury’s. At that time they had a high reject rate on Creme Eggs as they couldn’t get the machine to reliably wrap the packaging so the barcode was visible, no barcode = reject. The rejects used to go to the staff shop. Mum could pick up a carrier bag full, completely full, of eggs for 50p. Happy days

thepurist

Chocky brazils of any kind, but I think it’s Holland and Barrett that do some with thick Belgian chocolate. Nom.

failedengineer

No love for Maltesers?

martinhutch

null

Spud

There are so many;

Frys creme bars
    Ruffle bars
    M&S Chocolate raisins and peanuts

Cherry Ripe
    Violet Crumble (from the fridge)

z1ppy

Kit kat chunky peanut butter flavour, the chocolate crack of my world. Have to say some of the choices above, make my stomach turn (looking at you Stevious), but then it’s good as I don’t have to fight you for my fix

No love for Maltesers?

None, none at all, fricken waste of good chocolate… unless were talking about the new maltesers buttons, which are joyous.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yorkie is one step removed from cooking chcoclate 🤮

martinhutch

Yorkie is one step removed from cooking chcoclate

The Greggs baked bean bake of chocolate. Sometimes you just want some mass-manufactured filth.

Anyhow, it’s not like there’s much refinement in the British confectionary industry?

johndoh
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Chocolate bars, which one makes you taste buds go crazy?’ is closed to new replies.