Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Chinese Valve/Tube Hifi amplifiers,any experiences?
  • Premier Icon nick1962
    Free Member

Plenty of these around on Ebay and Amazon,full valve,hybrids,valve preamps,with Bluetooth etc ranging from under a £100 up to a £1,000 and many from European suppliers so no import duties to pay.Has any body had any experience with any of them? I fancy some visible glowing tubes and want a decent sound.Not after top end audiophile stuff but certainly no humming,buzzing or dodgy electrics. Budget is flexible and I don’t mind taking a punt on some of the cheaper stuff but if there’s good stuff to be had that’s more expensive I’d like to hear some real world feedback first.Any experiences or alternatives?

Premier Icon spectabilis
    Free Member

I’ve only used the phono stage pre-amps, I had a little bear; it seemed ok, did have a bit of a buzzing sound but that was from the supplied AC adaptor so easily sorted. It turns out it wasn’t a true tube amp, more of a hybrid OP-amp so I replaced it with a Graham Slee stage which performed better and the little bear has sat boxed in the garage ever since.

I did do a bit of research into the power amp options and found Yaqin seem quite well respected products for the price, didn’t quite pull the trigger on one though. That’s not much help I know, other than beware of chip based amps masquerading as tube, some usually hide the IC on the underside of the PCB so all looks good when taking at first glance to the unknowing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.