Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Chinese carbon road bikes with discs… like wot clubber has got.
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

LT Bikes (like the one I posted a picture of) respond very quickly to emails and are happy to sell to individuals. Their English is very good, which is one of the reasons I’m erring towards them over Hong Fu for example.

Dyffers
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about swaping my old road-geo Roadrat frame and fork for one of these.

However, I’ve searched a few times over the last few months for the spec I want without success.

Anybody seen a CX disc frame/fork combo with mudguard mounts and a 68mm English threaded BB? Or am I going to have to go with a pressfit BB and an adaptor?

pryally
    Free Member

search for fr-602 on ebay. I bought one a few months ago and exactly what you asked for. couldn’t be happier with mine

let me know if you have any questions.

Dyffers
    Free Member

fr-602

Looks good, but the headtube and seattube angles are pretty slack (71.5° and 72°).

Is that typical for a CX bike; are they all going to be like that (that’s slacker than even my Roadrat I think)?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

yup

Dyffers
    Free Member

Fair enough.

A little bit of google-fu does indeed tell me 71-72° headangle is the norm for CX…except for On One’s Dirty Disco which comes in at 73° headtube angle and 74° seattube angle in the XL size I want. And a BSA BB. But no mudguard mounts.

vincienup
    Free Member

Try talking to them and see what they say….
    Most will sell individual items.

Cool. I’ll look into this once I’m considering new frames again.

Spot of bike envy here. Nice! 🙂

Mowgli
    Free Member
    clubber
    Free Member

Use aliexpress rather than alibaba – aliexpress is more targeted at non-business purchasing and typically you’ll find the option for buying single frames, etc.

These are the guys I bought from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-miracle-bikes.html

plus-one

Thanks clubber handy info …. Bb30 as I want to singlespeed it 🙂

Problem solver do an eccentric bb that fits bb30 ..

clubber
    Free Member

Right. I’d ask miracle if they do one with bb30 though recently bb86 seems more common (and works well for me)

CXSS – have to say that I’ve never really fancied that despite liking my ss mtb. For me one of the great things about cx bikes is how versatile they are. I wouldn’t fancy changing that by ssing one but I guess it depends what you use it for and is no doubt a while different topic…

plus-one

Thanks … I do a fair bit of ss’ing but still love my gears so it is as you say versatile and I have option of running it geared too if needed 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

So tempted to look for a disc road frame and drop the new disc ultegra kit onto it.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

theflatboy

It’s a continental one, comes with a tube and Tyre levers, I think CRC do them.

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Chinese carbon road bikes with discs… like wot clubber has got.’ is closed to new replies.