• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sp.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chinese Carbon 29er Single Speed Frame?
  • sp
    Free Member

Does anybody know of if there is a Chinese carbon 29er frame with horizontal dropouts? Would like to build one as a single speed but don’t want to faff with Eccentric adapters;http://problemsolversbike.com/products/eccentric_46_bottom_bracket

clubber
    Free Member

I haven’t seen one. Doesn’t mean they don’t exist but I have been looking into carbon frames from China a fair bit.

Out of interest though, assuming that they work ok, why is using an adapter a faff? Fit and forget if it’s like an EBB IME.

sp
    Free Member

Never been a fan of eccentric bottom brackets, always owned horizontal dropouts, not to mention the additional costs. Should you ever see said frame please drop me an email I’ll do the same. Cheers

stayhigh

After trawling through the giant mtbr chinese 29er thread I’ve not seen one with horizontal drops. If you get one with a pressfit bb you can get an EBB adapter for it which is somewhere round £80-100 iirc. Failing that just go with a tensioner.

plus-one

I’ve been through same thing with cx frame.. Plan is to get bb30 frame and fit beer components adapter ..

On the plus side it can always be run geared if you wish or maybe more saleable if you sell ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Assuming it’s as good as a regular eccentric BB, I’d 2nd the sugestion of just getting a BB30 frame and an addapter. In my experience with EBB’s they’ve never creaked, slipped or otherwise fallen appart.

Or just fit a tensioner, better IMO than horisontal dropouts as the wheel still drops in and out, and the tension is always perfect, whereas track ends either:

a) slip
    b) are a bugger to align
    c) require tugnuts to avoid a and b, but then are a faff to get the wheel out as the chains tight.
    d) most don’t work with disk brakes.

sp
    Free Member

Some good points made, thanks all for the input. Just need to choose a frame, google eyed here I come…

clubber
    Free Member

As I’ve said in many threads, I’ve been very happy with Miracle on aliexpress.com

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I can’t say I’ve ever saw one either. I’ve been reading that mtbr thread for donkeys too. What about just going for an On One Lurcher with the swapouts?

sp
    Free Member

Fancied something ‘different’ to on-one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chinese Carbon 29er Single Speed Frame?’ is closed to new replies.