Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chinese bike shaped object
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve bought myself a Maxion 400 which is a $150 full suspension bike (its the only type of bike available to buy where i am at the moment). Its actually not bad at all and ideal for just cycling from the accommodation to the office. The problem is the front fork, it makes a massive top out clunk over any kind of bump. Its a quill type threaded fork so do i have any options for changing it to something a bit more refined? Alternatively is there a way to stop the clunk? The fork is unbranded but i assume is an elastomer type.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Fill the lowers with araldite. Or ride it in the wet once and it’ll soon seize up!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Probably a spring rather than elastomer? Elastomers would require a degree of thought/tuneing compared to springs!

You just need to put some soft rubber between the two surfaces that stop the uppers and lowers seperting at top out, whehter thats posible wont be obvious untill you strip them.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I like the Araldite idea! We wont get any rain here for a little while yet but maybe the dust will see them off first 🙂
    I’ll investigate whether the workshop has the right tools to strip them for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chinese bike shaped object’ is closed to new replies.