China not so bad afterall..

Home Forum Chat Forum China not so bad afterall..

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • China not so bad afterall..
  • ilovemygears

so elf and move very slowly. Instead of communicating to me you’re view on the racial dived after life. You instead try and turn the question around by questioning the validity of my statement, that’s fine hear is the links see for youre self. But i like to do my own research from more than one source my self, so why dont you do the same and then explain to me you’re views on a racial dived after life… 🙂

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/f02.html

http://www.cultnews.com/?cat=169

and good old wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falun_Gong#Controversies

read and get back to me 🙂

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

China’s so ‘not so bad’ that people are setting themselves on fire in celebration

WARNING – Contains pics and links to videos showing a man setting himself on fire.

chewkw

Falun Gong is prosecuted because they grew larger without towing the Dear Leaders ways of prosperity thy Dear Leaders and they did not manage to pay their dues to some regional Dear Leaders to establish “quan-si” (relationship) i.e. no money no religion. Pay dues good religion.

As for afterlife etc if they pay Dear Leaders then we see the birth of a new religion … pay first otherwise shite.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

racial dived after life

Has no bearing on anything. He also believes he can fly and travel between dimensions. This doesn’t mean his followers are fair game, and the Chinese authorities didn’t step in because his abhorrent views, from your link:

July 28: China issues an international arrest warrant against Li Hongzhi, accusing him of seeking to overturn the regime

ilovemygears

racial dived after life
    Has no bearing on anything. He also believes he can fly and travel between dimensions. This doesn’t mean his followers are fair game

yes…yes it does…

Junkyard

from you link again

According to Mr. Li, the offspring of mixed race unions are therefore “intellectually incomplete” or “with an incomplete body.” In such cases, only he, Master Li, can help and “take care of it” (i.e., resolve the “incomplete” state). However, that can be done only if “such a person wants to practice cultivation.”

So they can get in it is just harder.
    Despite the quotations the swiss event these come is unreferenced.
    I am surprised that an anti-cult site is a bit anti – cult but kudos to you for finding an impartial source from which to form your own opinion.

the full quote for refernece as it seems to contradict itself somewhat is

In Mr. Li’s worldview mixed-race people are part of a plot, contrived by the evil extraterrestrials. “By mixing the races of humans, the aliens make humans cast off gods,” he told a gathering in Switzerland in 1998.

“Mixed races” are supposedly excluded from the “truth” and “have lost their roots, as if nobody in the paradise will take care of them. They belong to nowhere, and no places would accept them…the higher levels do not recognize such a human race.”

According to Mr. Li, the offspring of mixed race unions are therefore “intellectually incomplete” or “with an incomplete body.” In such cases, only he, Master Li, can help and “take care of it” (i.e., resolve the “incomplete” state). However, that can be done only if “such a person wants to practice cultivation.”
    Either he is a bit bonkers or piss poor reporting. i suspect a good measure of both tbh.

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

ilovemygears – Member

racial dived after life
    Has no bearing on anything. He also believes he can fly and travel between dimensions. This doesn’t mean his followers are fair game

yes…yes it does…

So what other beliefs is it okay to imprison, subject to hard labour and kill people for?

ilovemygears

So what other beliefs is it okay to imprison, subject to hard labour and kill people for?

well mate i go grab a beer and make a list if you really want…

Premier Icon Lifer
    Subscriber

Kettle’s on, who’s got the biccies?

ilovemygears

Either he is a bit bonkers or piss poor reporting. i suspect a good measure of both tbh.

nope its what he really thinks, feel free to use ur own sources.. it **** up, totaly **** up, like all religion

ilovemygears

So they can get in it is just harder.

right tell me what you think about that particular belief.. 🙂 and then tell me why you think banning a group that preaches that sort of shit is a bad thing.

Junkyard

nope its what he really thinks

ah some more of your impartial critical thinking there glossing over the lack of references from the anti cult site but insisting it is true.
    you are neither very bright and apparently berefet of compassion.
    I pity you tbh.

right tell me what you think about that particular belief..

Well as stated I am not convinced the way you say it is indeed his belief. like almost every other religious claim from virginal births to reincarnation it is not something I agree with. However that is not the point of this discussion you were telling us why China was great not why he/religion was bonkers.

and then tell me why you think banning a group that preaches that sort of shit is a bad thing

Tell me what you hope to achieve by banning it ? As a history graduate I am sure you can catalogue all the examples form history where that approach has been succesfully used against a religion.

Remember it is is middle class liberals who are always right yet you are confident [ arrogant ] enough in your own flimsy rhetoric [ just like China] to actually oppress people for your beliefs….tell me again why I should be more scared of them than you/China?

DrJ

Elfin – that elephant statue is about a 5 minute walk from my flat. Do you reckon it’s safe to sleep with the light off??

duntmatter

I think* this dude might actually learn something from this thread.

*I mean ‘hope.’

Elfinsafety

Do you reckon it’s safe to sleep with the light off??

No, for it is in the darkness, when you cannot see, that They will come.

DrJ

Do you reckon it’s safe to sleep with the light off??

No, for it is in the darkness, when you cannot see, that They will come.

Well, that’s a Carlsberg elephant, so I hope at least if They come they’ll bring beer!!

ernie_lynch

ilovemygears – Member

totaly **** up, like all religion

😀 You really are priceless mate……..you come out with stuff like “totaly **** up, like all religion” and yet the first link you provide to condemn Falun Gong is written by an American religious nut !!!

According to Apologetics Index :

“The goal of AI-Renewal is to exhort and build up by promoting balance in teaching and practices, in an atmosphere of Christian fellowship. In doing so, we’re guided by the following Scriptures”

Also according Apologetics Index, the Catholic Church is also a “cult” as well as Falun Gong ! Maybe all Catholics should be rounded up and imprisoned leaving just American Christian fundamentalists free to spread the bible ? !

Your second link is provided by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, a body founded the Politburo of the Communist Party of China…….so obviously a fair and unbiased source then ! 😀

And finally the Wikipedia link which you provide states :

“Li’s fantastic claims seem to be of little theological importance, since Falun Gong practice does not require unquestioning acceptance of all of Li’s teachings, and there is no overt emphasis on dogmatically enforcing orthodoxy”

As Falun Gong is a global phenomena I can confirm this as I have attended Falun Gong sessions. The sessions involved only chi gung, and some rather difficult and challenging stances (simular to yoga) there was no mention of religion or anything religious whatsoever.

I loved your reference to the “swastika” btw……….your desperate attempts to clutch at straws and scrape the bottom of the barrel is truly impressive ! 😀

yossarian

There’s a serious lack of perspective and a genuine inability to construct a robust argument. Shame really cos there could be an interesting debate buried in here somewhere. Ilovemygears isn’t going to find it though, not enough mental rigour.

Premier Icon myheadsashed
    Subscriber

yoss’ – you mean he’s a bit thick? 😆

Junkyard

Apparently he is a History graduate with a 2:1 😯

yossarian

yoss’ – you mean he’s a bit thick?

Young, opinionated and lazy I suspect. Not a crime, but does mean you’ll get your arse handed to you fairly frequently.

Besides intelligence is no measure of character anyway. It’s a pity if someone is stupid and unpleasant though, what a waste!

ernie_lynch

you mean he’s a bit thick?

Slightly more than “a bit” I reckon……..I’ve just had another look at the first link he provides to back up his claims. This is their “Statement of Faith” :

Statement of Faith

So basically he’s asking us to believe a bunch of American Creationists who claim that the world was created in 6 days.

The stupidity of the guy is breathtaking.

tazzymtb

he could just be a very good stealth ninja troll* 😀

*but i doubt it

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘China not so bad afterall..’ is closed to new replies.