Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chin Up alternatives
  • JCornford

There’s quite a few fitness fans on here so I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternatives to chin ups? The reason being is my house is quite old and wouldn’t be able to take the stress of a chin up bar in the door way. I have got a weights bench so I could probably try sitting behind the bench and doing seated chin ups, any other ideas?

sc-xc

You can buy chin bars that bolt to the wall – could put it outside or in the garage?

Like this…

I have found that nothing is as good as doing chin ups – certainly nothing hurts as much as them!

molgrips
    Free Member

Make sure your architrave is screwed on tightly, and use your fingers on that 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

you could keep the bar loose and pull it down to your chin, this should achieve the same effect shouldn’t it

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these up in my back passage (fnarr). Not cheap but very robust and wider grip than I can manage so should suit even the most munkey-armed fellows.

grum
    Free Member

There’s those climbers campus board thingys – you could screw one to an outside wall.

jon1973
    Free Member

you could keep the bar loose and pull it down to your chin, this should achieve the same effect shouldn’t it

As long as you still show the pain and determination on your face, that it will have the same effect.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Chin/dip station.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Erm…

“cheer up”
    “look up”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chin Up alternatives’ is closed to new replies.