Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chimneys! East Lancashire recommendations please
  • big_n_daft
    Free Member

I have a chimney that has potentially got issues with the flashing and needs the flues checking as damp is penetrating the chimney breast.

Also it has unvented first floor fireplaces so I need to understand the in’s and out’s of ventilation for this style.

The ground floor has a either a gas fire or a log burner so in winter they are in use.

So thoughts on what to do and recommendations for potential contractors to sort it out, likely to require scaffold for safe access. Idea’s on cost very helpful.

do I need to sell a kidney?

Cougar

I have no recommendations, but watching with interest as I’ve yet to find a decent roofer in the area (and I’ve been through a few).

bob_summers

big_n_daft
    Free Member

do I need to sell both kidney’s?

If you could PM who to avoid it would be very useful

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Fred, being dead, wont be much help

smokey_jo

Mass roofing in Barnoldswick did a nice job of my skate and flashing repairs and weren’t stupid expensive

Cougar

If you could PM who to avoid it would be very useful

I honestly don’t remember now, sorry.

MrSparkle

Chimneys in East Lancs? Well, the India Mill chimney in Darwen is well worth a look. It’s modelled on the Campanile in Venice. There’s a video of Dibnah working in it on YouTube. Health and Safety was different in the those days…

scaredypants

elfinsafety and dibnah in one post – makes you think

bearnecessities

If someone could recommend me a decent roofer that will turn up and actually do the job properly in Leeds, I will give them £10k*

*My money is safe because there is no such person. 🙁

big_n_daft
    Free Member

If I had a head for heights I’d retrain, it’s sad when an entire sector of the building industry is full of cowboys

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chimneys! East Lancashire recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.