Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chimney sweep brush
  • SiB
    Free Member

Just double checking its fine to use drain rods for cleaning chimney flue? And will the same drain rods be OK to clean the liner once fitted for log burner? ie one set of rods for both jobs.

Loooking at screwfix polypropylene flexible set….any reason why I shouldn’t? Any recommendations around the £35 mark?

hamishthecat

Just make bloody sure you keep twisting them clockwise as they go up the flue. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

I bought the Toolsation ones Edric recommended used them last week done the job well.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I use the screwfix rods and brush and have done for the last 5 years and seems to work fine. Not had any issues apart from over thrusting the rods this year and I now have a wonky pot 😯

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I got my set from B&Q for about £30 – they do drains and chimneys. As others have said, keep twisting clockwise the whole time (while you are going up and also while you are coming down) or bits will come off and get stuck up there! If you go too high and the brush pops right out of the chimney then it can take a firm pull to get it back down again.

I have an old sheet with a slot cut in the middle that I duct tape over the fireplace while I sweep it.

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks all, toolstation and clockwise it is!

globalti
    Free Member

Wrong! You’ve got to get all the kids in the street lined up to watch and cheer when you pop the brush out of the top and waggle it around.

People on this forum know nothing.

granny_ring

If you find that the rods aren’t flexy enough for the flue then THESE will be, a bit pricey but they work.

natrix
    Free Member

You’ve got to get all the kids in the street lined up to watch and cheer when you pop the brush out of the top and waggle it around.

🙂 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chimney sweep brush’ is closed to new replies.