Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Chill with beavers
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice to unwind for a minute

Coyote
    Free Member

#Disappointed.

MrSparkle

Misread as Chilli with Beavers.

desperatebicycle

Cool.

matt_outandabout

Very cool.

We have a site nearby where you can go in an evening and see a few beavers out in the wild.

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    desperatebicycle

We have a site nearby where you can go in an evening and see a few beavers out in the wild.

Man, I’d love that! I did a school project about beavers, fascinated by them. Them and cheetahs I thought were amazing when I was a kid.

submarined
    Free Member

We had one too, but it’s been closed down 🙁

matt_outandabout
    sc-xc

We have a site nearby where you can go in an evening and see a few beavers out in the wild

It’s my favourite way of getting kicks…

nickc

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Loved that! Toss up between beavers and red pandas for viewing fun.

MoreCashThanDash

Just checking the responses were as expected…

Carry on!

beamers

Some of our (human) tree cutters found this huge tree last week on the verge of falling over and taking down the power line behind:

Conductors dropped and tree felled, conductors back up again.

What the beavers had / have got planned for the tree remains to be seen. Its way, way to big for them to drag away.

matt_outandabout

Call that a stump?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kT2cgc]Beaver activity[/url] by Matt, on Flickr

davros

Someone posted this on here a while back. Made me smile.

MoreCashThanDash

Having now had time to watch the clips “Nice Beavers!”

oceanskipper

highlandman
    Free Member

In Argyll, there’s also the Knapdale introduction project, where we had our best close up experience.. although the Tayside beavers have been free and multiplying for a fair bit longer and are conservatively reckoned (by Nature Scotland) to number over 1000 individuals. Canoeing gentler sections of rivers like the Isla and Ericht in the evening gives you a decent chance of seeing them up close.

MoreCashThanDash

We have beavers here in Derbyshire now, not been to the site to try and spot them though

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

We went riding at Dunkeld yesterday. We usually park at the FLS Douglas Fir carpark and ride the Riverside singletrack downstream. There has been some significant, and very fresh beaver activity along here, and these beavers have ambition.

I was riding along considering beaver tree selection rationale.

I think that they ideally fell into water as this enables them to remove the branches more easily. They then strip the bark as this is their foodstuff. Smaller bark covered branches will be towed away and stashed underwater near the lodge. Some of the trees talked along this stretch of the Tay are big, and a bit of a distance from the water.

We rode the trail named Electric Beaver. I’d like to see more trails here, including Eclectic Beaver, Eccentric Beaver and Epicyclic Beaver. Build them and they will come…

ratherbeintobago

MCTD – where are they in Derbyshire? Probably the nearest beavers to us and I’ve wondered about taking the kids

MoreCashThanDash

MCTD – where are they in Derbyshire? Probably the nearest beavers to us and I’ve wondered about taking the kids

In the wetlands opposite Mercia Marina apparently.

EDIT – possibly not where I thought they were, details here
    https://www.derbyshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/about/projects/all-about-beavers

alric
    Free Member

ive nbever seen a beaver, but would love to
    i went to that site in Derbyshire, but no signs of them, from what i could gather, theyre so far from the hides that noone sees them.
    also I went to look for the ones in Forest of Dean, but the vegetation on the site was quite high at the time so i didnt see them either.
    I read there’s some near ssnettisham but ive no idea if the public can see them.
    there is another place (reserve) that does tours but i dont remember the name,and no guarantees of seeing on
    Im in northants

MoreCashThanDash

That’s the trouble with wild animals, they don’t just sit there in cages for our entertainment.

Hopefully when colonies become better established it will be easier to see them

choppersquad
    Free Member

That clip of the rescue beaver building a dam in the doorway is so cute.

mogrim

Out on patrol?

singlespeedstu

We were just outside Dunkeld last summer and went and sat down by the river after a ride with a beer.

I didn’t even know there were beavers there so it was a nice surprise to see this one.
    He seemed pretty shy and was off as soon as he spotted us.
    Crappy phone pic.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nBm5uJ]Beaver or Otter?[/url] by StuartBrettle, on Flickr

matt_outandabout

^ Dunkeld bigfoot spotted..

bigyan
    Free Member

They recently released some at the south end of Loch Lomond (though a resident otter made a meal of 2 beaver kits apparently)

RustySpanner

mogrim

Out on patrol?

Or out on the floor?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.