• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by GW.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Childs Bunk for VW T4
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Hi need a cab bunk for mini LoCo to fit in the T4 so she can come to races, have looked at quite a few from £50 to £300 ( 😯 ) some are a bit crap and TBH may make something myself as most seem to be a steel push together frame with canvas base.

Has anybody got experience of these or have you got any other cunny suggestions?

It a swb low top and will have a double bed in the back so that area is being used, she’s also a bit of a monkey and will climb out of on to any thing so netting to protect her would be good too.

Cheers 😀

VanHalen

i need one of these too. been considering making one myself as they do seem quite simple for the price.

bluebird customs one looks ok for the money.

Stoner
    Free Member

tick.

We used to put Stoner Jr Sr in the back behind the rock&roll seat, while we were upstairs. Now we are four, we are getting a quechua base seconds Xl as an external dorm/eating place.

stevemorg2

Si – I take it you’ve seen the ones on the t4 forum?

LoCo
    Free Member

vw beds one?

stevemorg2

I’ll have a look later and forward a link

stevemorg2

you’ve probably already seen this but just in case

http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61057

looked at one a while back but my kids would rather sleep in the awning

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers Steve, that’s the one I thought you meant, would need to make some kind of cargo net arrangement to stop her jumping out as she’s like her dad and won’t sit still 😀
    Might make one myself as it’s pretty basic

rthomas17
    Free Member

I had a T4 reimo camper, now got a T5, and initially built a cot to go on the front seats when the kids were wee. As they got older, I found I could get by with laying the table from the camper across the front seats to form a base, then using a “ready-bed”. Put your boxes of clothes etc in the footwells and there is nowhere for them to fall out. It was made a bit easier because the seats of my van swivelled round, so I put them with the backs of the seats towards the windows which made them a bit flatter.

Happy to discuss further.

Mog
    Free Member

We’ve got an Aldi camp bed, taken the fabric off the legs, used 2 awning poles and Bob’s your uncle. Our 3yo loves it. We were away in the van last week and forgot it so she slept on one of those inflatable ready-beds laid across the front seats and it was just as good.

foxyloxy2773
    Free Member

Hi I found mine on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d…:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Its been great and just rolls up when not in use.
    I especially went for this one after looking on the forums as people were saying the onces with the round corners made them more dificult to store as they take up more space!

Cheers 😀

GW
    Free Member

I made a folding bed from wood, a single hinge and a support stilt for the centre, it sits across the front seats supported by the window ledges of each door. an inflatable ‘readybed’ lies on top with the pillow end passenget side.. Wiith the silver screens and a curtain between the cab and rear it’s like a cosy little bedroom.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Childs Bunk for VW T4’ is closed to new replies.