Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Child trust funds
  • luke
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a good child trust fund, just got the daughters statement and it seems hers has lost the best part of 40% in the last 2 years, so am looking to move it. Currently with Children’s Mutal.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they all have ours lost £60 in the first year and then charged us a fee for doing so!!!! credit crunch etc

luke
    Free Member

luckily I’m not putting much in for the kids, and have other savings in place for them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    miketually
    Free Member

Any tracker funds will have lost value.

We only put the vouchers into the actual child trust fund, because they generally charge a higher fee than the same product without the child trust fund name and because we didn’t necessarily want our kids to have full access at 18.

luke
    Free Member

Thats what i don’t want kids at 18 with a wedge of money, i had a large insurance payout at 18 and blew it in a couple of weeks. So i want my kids to have access to money when they need it i.e car, uni, wedding or house deposit rather than being able to waste it.

doc_blues
    Free Member

Surely google ads to your right will tell you! (dont you just love targetted ads on t’internet)

We lost about 30% of the original handout in the 1st yera – which wasnt unexpected as their was a Guardian money article way before the credit crunch hit about how poorly they performed.

All money for doc-jr is either being spent! or more sensibly going into other savings / investements

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Child trust funds’ is closed to new replies.