Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Child trailers
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Any advice? What useful features to look for, mounting method, brands, etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends how much you wanna splash out. Chariot are the best, not cheap tho.

Rickos
    Free Member

Was thinking nearer £200 than £800!

molgrips
    Free Member

Heh. I did warn you!

Rickos
    Free Member

OK. Maybe a better question – what do you have, what do you find good about it and what would you change on it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a Chariot one from the States from a guy I know runs a bike shop, and it’s going to be muled by a family member so that should help bring it down to a more reasonable level. I’ll let you know when it arrives if it’s any good 🙂

owenfackrell
    Free Member

We have an Adventure AT3 Alloy trailer and it isn’t that bad it can take 2 kids well plus a bit off stuff. I use mine to bring my daghter back from nusary on a weekly basies (10 miles). I got a rain cover for mine for the days when its properly wet. It attaches to the quick relaes so i can also use it with my MTB that has discs which was a big plus for me.
    I had to strip an drepack the hubs when i got it as they were a little ruff but are fine now.
    If you have any questions then ask

Spud

I bought a Burley D’Lite secondhand off the classifieds. Billy bargain as it had been used less than 10 times and was less than half the new price. The kids love it, get’s a bit heavy now our lad is 3 and daughter is 1. Folds nearly flat and is very light until loaded!

Rickos
    Free Member

Good point. I’d not thought about attaching to the drop-out rather than the frame for disc brakes.

jfeb
    Free Member

I have a Burley Bee

Plus points are:
    – takes both my boys (3 and 2)
    – Pretty robust but not too heavy
    – you can get a QR mount so I can use it on my disk-braked bikes

Minus points
    – It doesn’t fold flat (at least not easily) so storage is a bit of a pain
    – It doesn’t have any suspension so I tend to stick to fairly smooth paths – they do get shaken around quite a lot in it
    – The mesh cover stops twigs getting flicked in to the children’s faces but lots of dirt and dust still gets in (there is a clear rain cover you can use)
    – Pretty expensive (£250 I think from memory)

Spud

Re: the drop-out etc, I originally bought the QR attachment from Burley for ours which didn’t work with all of our bikes. The new QR attachment is a nicely machined piece of alloy which goes behind your regular QR, works a treat with any bike so far.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Child trailers’ is closed to new replies.