Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Child seats – who uses what?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Any pointers on recommended seats / set-ups most welcome. Also, what age is generally the point at which they can be used?

Young monsieur’s 6 months and I’m starting to think about Spring / Summer outings. 🙂

Buzzard
    Free Member

Ive used one of these and have been impressed. Much better than the tag along and seat behind Ive tried. Catches a little on my knees but managed to get in some fairly proper biking in with him on it. Not massive drop offs but definitely a few singletrack burns.

http://www.safe-t-seat.co.uk

theflatboy
    Free Member

Weight distribution and balance-wise, that style definitely appeals. Seems to make a lot of sense.

jam-bo

got a LOCT waiting for junior to grow a bit.

might need something a bit more secure for this summer.

tonyd

Weeride Kangaroo is a great precursor to a LOCT. Eldest (3) graduated to a LOCT when the youngest (2) got the weeride. They were both about 14 months before I got them out onto the bikes, but that was partly due to birthdays late in the year and the weather being pants.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Bike trailer – have the croozer and it is brilliant. With the ‘baby sling’, you can easily take a six month old in in, and it is enclosed from the elements, so you can use it all year – we’ve used it in sub zero temperatures no problems. You could buy one today and use it this weekend. Lots of room for luggage too, things like nappies, shopping, snacks, picnics, spare clothes, raincots, toys, teddies, swimming stuff, it all just gets dumped in the back of the trailer. We’ve been camping with the tent and gear for the two of us in the back of the croozer even, that’s how big it is.

Bike seats mainly say from age 1, and in my one experience with a one year old in them i’d say that is probably about right.

theflatboy
    Free Member

good stuff, cheers chaps.

yunki
    Free Member

the co-pilot limo has very good safety reviews.. I’ve used one since my lad was a year old.. in use though, yunki Jr has found it to be a very harsh ride off-road

before that strapped a car seat into the trailer

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I use a Bobike Mini. Our wee lad is just two, and has already nailed Make or Brake and Caddon Bank (stricly wheels on – or very near – the ground), whilst giggling like a lunatic…

IMO a dropper post helps with stopping and starting.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I was only thinking of attaching to the singlespeed and using on the road. MTB outings are suddenly seeming like an option!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Child seats – who uses what?’ is closed to new replies.