Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Child kicked in the head, what would you do?
  • anagallis_arvensis

as said before, the boy has form…

I presume he’s a four yearold too?
    You say your daughter may be lying and then dismiss it.
    The boy could have tripped over her.
    Thede’s no last damage I presume?

grum
    Free Member

Edit: too trolly 😐

annebr
    Free Member

somewhatslightlydazed – Member
    The nursery could always close the soft play area on health and safety grounds.

Or only allow each inmate 10 min supervised exercise time in the yard.

brassneck

Or only allow each inmate 10 min supervised exercise time in the yard.

LOL mine have got that at the moment – the school was flooded and most of the playground taken out, so now they are confined to what they have christened ‘The Cage of Boredom’.

Not sure how thick they’re laying it on but they claim to have been given a ball and told not to kick it 😀

user-removed
    Free Member

Some things never change!

I know my almost-40-year-old wifesometimes has trouble separating reality, stories, dreams and stuff she saw on TV.

CountZero

hora – Member
    Ours trips over flagstones a fair bit. The other day he did it, got up and said ‘mummy you pushed me’

😆
    Social workers will have fun with that.

joolsburger
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDwkVQL3Yb8[/video]

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Get the nursery to install CCTV so you can watch your childs every move then sue parents of any offending child that kicks your little darling in the head. Sue the parents and get the offending child expelled, make sure you go into the nursery shouting the odds and telling the staff how the place should be run. I would also take your child to a psychologist to make sure there is no lasting effects from the incident.

Cougar

Ours trips over flagstones a fair bit. The other day he did it, got up and said ‘mummy you pushed me’

Friend of mine’s daughter is a proper action jackson, always falling off climbing frames and collecting bruises.

He had cause to lightly slap her legs for being exceptionally naughty one evening (not saying it was the right thing to do but, that’s what happened). Next day at school with a face on, teacher asked what’s up with you, “daddy hit me” came the reply. That escalated quickly.

gogg
    Free Member

the boy has form

so does cantona..

well there’s no smoke without fire

but are there any witnesses??

martinhutch

forgot to mention, nursery has no proper recording of the time of the incident, nor did they think to mention that she was drowsy and went to sleep later on in the afternoon…

This is the thing I’d be very very unhappy about. Not sure that even with correct supervision, you can prevent kids laying into other kids at that age, although I hope they are now taking steps to supervise him a bit more closely.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Just a thought. It is entirely possible that they didn’t see the incident but did believe your daughter and reprimand him ( bearing in mind “form”).
    The bumped head letter would be standard arse cover practice as those of us working with kids have to do.
    At a busy collection point your wife may not have been faced with the staff who wrote the note and maybe there are real pain in the arse kids to deal with.
    Not excusing the place for one moment but silly little things happen that are best dropped.

hora
    Free Member

Child kicked in the head, what would you do?

Jesus the redtops could have written your topic headline for you.

Our son comes home with bumps on his head all the time, we sign accident form. Job done. IF the boy in question really had a problem no nursery would happily not keep an eye on him and a 4yr old kick whilst playing is totally different to ‘my child was kicked in the head shocker’.

Chill the **** out. Otherwise what will you be like in a few years time?

anagallis_arvensis

Some friends came round with their 4 yearold who goes to nursery with our 3 yearold. The mum told us some kid had stuck his thumb in her sons eye at nursery “what sort of kid would do that”.. I didnt say the one he’s playing with upstairs 😳

maybe the op’s daughter is at the same place!!

muzz
    Free Member

any decent parent will get upset seeing their own flesh and blood in pain but in this instance kids will be kids and bop one another every now and then, just got to grin and bear it, i would inform staff your child took a hit but politely explain you know that this stuff goes on, and just politely ask them to keep an eye on it. if the kid has previous especially, they will see your point.
    that they didn’t see it in the first instance isn’t a big deal, eyes can’t be everywhere

yossarian
    Free Member

Is the nursery ofsted registered? If so how was it ranked?

Aside from that, what do you expect them to do? Something happens which they don’t see so they deal with it and record it on that level but still take action and bollock the other child.

What else could they have done?

crankboy
    Free Member

Crankbrat ” has previous ” at his nursery he has also been the recipient of others attentions. It is normal development. The Nursery always informs us but never identifies a perpetrator . They deal very well with the incidents and try to ensure continuity of approach with parents.

It is hard to hear you child has been dragged off a toy by his hair but then one can place it in context by recalling that he has been the one who bit another. Crankbrat’s descriptions of a day’s events often only have a passing similarity to my own recollections.

Relax trust your Nursery like you they cannot be eyes on your child 100% of the time. If the offender starts to target your daughter then get a meeting with the staff to ensure they get a plan of action.

Cranbrat was specifically invited to the birthday party of the girl who pointed him out to her mum with the line “that’s crankbrat he’s naughty ”

matt_outandabout

as said before, the boy has form…

Quick, get the nursery staff to lock the bogeyman up, he clearly needs labelling for life as dodgy. I blame the parents. You should too.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Teach yours taekwondo or some such similar marshal art

crikey
    Free Member

Jesus.
    Even hora has pointed out that things will, most assuredly, become more challenging.

Time to DTFU.

aa
    Free Member

The nursery has been in touch twice today so i do have an update. I am happy with what they’re doing.

I’m quite enjoying some of the comments above, so I’ll keep it to myself.

I know how “has form” may sound. But he does. Aa version 1 is straight as an arrow. If she says something, it happened. Its just the way she is.

the other one, she’s a monkey…she sounds like yours crankboy.

yossarian
    Free Member

The nursery has been in touch twice today so i do have an update. I am happy with what they’re doing.
    I’m quite enjoying some of the comments above, so I’ll keep it to myself.

Have they executed the other child at your request ?

Drac

Teach yours taekwondo or some such similar marshal art

Zoojitsu

yunki
    Free Member

I’m no medical expert, but surely the concussion issue being raised is a touch of hysteria..?
    Kids bump their heads regularly in ways much more brutal than a kick from a four year old, it’s fairly hard work to get a proper concussion from a group of rampaging pissed up squaddies at closing time on a Saturday night

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Child kicked in the head, what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.