Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Child car seats 15kg+
  • acjim
    Free Member

My eldest is moving on up to a “big boy” seat and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Some of the ones on sale seem to be stretched nylon over a hard frame – not very comfy! The Graco rally sport seem to be ok?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes they look uncomfy but the little angels still fall aslep in them!!
    As they are all to same standard (like helmets) I go with a fairly cheap /affordable option and make sure the back comes off ti use as a booster seat in the future.

Harry_the_Spider

Got one of these.
    http://www.child-seats.co.uk/recaro-start-child-safety-seat.php
    9 months – 12 years
    You can get it in and out of the car in seconds.
    Very solid construction.
    Loads of adjustment.
    Built in speakers and socket for his i-pod/DVD/etc. for when he gets older.
    It looks like an ejector seat.
    Will be getting another when kid#2 arrives.

acjim
    Free Member

crumbs that recaro one is p1mp! 2 cars x 2 seats = £800 – ouch I could get a bike for that…

Harry_the_Spider

You only need 2 of them because they come out in seconds. Also they should last for 11 years, you adjust or remove bits as the kids get bigger… and they look cool.

acjim
    Free Member

ah but sometimes we use both cars and don’t meet inbetween – they do look cool though!

matt_outandabout

We have the Graco ones – three of them! Kids have never complained, fall asleep in them etc. Easy to fit, easy to clean. Eldest now has no back on it and uses it as a booster cushion.

Speakers – pah, iPod shuffles and earphones = us adults able to have a conversation in peace!

We looked at bigger ones (like the pimp recaro above) and there is just no way we could get three across the back of a reasonable car…depends how many kids you are expecting… 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

I’ll see your three, Matt and raise you.

We have six of the Graco ones – three each in two cars. Agree that Kids have never complained, fall asleep in them etc. Easy to fit, easy to clean.

higgo
    Free Member

p.s. we got ours when Halfords had them on special offer at £29 – all six for less than one of those Recaros.

WTF
    Free Member

Second the Recaro one.
    Had it from almost day one and my lad who is nearly 6 is still using it as it is quite adjustable.
    Dearer yes but worth it.

aleigh
    Free Member

I have two Graco ones, the youngest uses the whole thing whilst the eldest just uses the booster seat. They have cup holders and everything 😀

acjim
    Free Member

yay for the Graco’s – now on with the hunt for the cheapest out there!

watly_biker
    Free Member

Another vote for graco – try Kiddicare.com they sometimes have last years colours cheap.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Child car seats 15kg+’ is closed to new replies.