Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chicksands XC loop
  • hatter

As anything local to me is hub-deep in clart, I was thinking of taking the wee man to chicksands at the weekend as iot tenmds to ride better in winter,

Much as he loves to mess about on the pump tracks, I’d like to get a few miles in, is the XC loop there still a thing?

Would anyone please be able to poke me in the direction of a nice mild loop in those woods? A GPX file or Strava activity link would be amazing, getting lost with a 5-year old is no fun.

Thanks in advance

bigbloke
    Free Member

The marked XC loop disappeared after neglect and development of the bikepark, compounded further by large scale forestry work a few years ago or so. There’s loads to ride in there though all tracks criss cross each other just follow your nose. Some bits have been fettled by trail pixies but not much.

I can ping you a strava loop or so but it’s really not needed, it’s no more than a couple of miles worth. It’ll pass a good hour and a bit with your lad though.You shouldn’t get lost just walk straight in any direction takes you to the edge, it’s not a big area and is well used by local folk.

ampthill

As above. It’s long and thin with a high side by the road and a low side.

Follow the path by the road. Turn right roughly twice and you’ll be at the bottom of the bike park. Repeat with different turns until your bored.

Woburn is better for this but presumably further away for you

hatter

Rode Woburn recently and at least the first half of the longslade was pure grimness.

That plus the steep climbs means it’s out of bounds for the wee man..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chicksands XC loop’ is closed to new replies.