Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chicksands Bike Park – Alive and kicking?
  • winch
    Free Member

Is Chicksands still going strong? There’s not been any activity on their website in nearly a year. Hoping to get a ride in there soon but don’t want a wasted trip.

jonnyv
    Free Member

Yes it’s all still there,pretty busy and a good Thai food van for refuelling.

winch
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking the free ride stuff, north shore etc has disappeared due to insurance problems?

timmys

The woodwork all went. Not quite sure what other freeride stuff you mean. I think everything else survived and things have slowly been added/changed over the last few years. Their Facebook/twitter is pretty active even if the website isn’t.

This year a fair bit of the single track outside the fence got buggered by tree felling but it doesn’t sound as though that’s what you are after.

winch
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’ll check it out 🙂

handyandy
    Free Member

still going string indeed! More building work is planned, the thai food van is now there during the week as well, and the trail volunteers are keeping on top of things.

jairaj

I hope it’s still there. I’m going there later today 😀

winch
    Free Member

I went at the weekend and absolutely loved it. Might not be your cup of tea if you don’t like leaving the ground, but as long as you are happy to give jumping a go then this is a great place to improve. The 4X track was an eye opener for me, watching a couple of locals going down it really illustrated how much I have to learn. However…

The atmosphere was very relaxed and I was quite happy with giving it all a go, 4X, dual slalom, dirt jumps, the DH runs. Great fun and can’t wait to go back, so many thanks to the small club that are running the place and doing a sterling job. Highly recommended!

Tomdowie
    Free Member

New website going Live soon 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chicksands Bike Park – Alive and kicking?’ is closed to new replies.