Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Chichester or Sheffield?
  • You’ll be reet at Whirlow…

tuboflard

It really depends on what your top end budget is. I lived in Middlewood, just the other side of Hillsborough for a while which was great for Greno and also very accessible in to town on the tram. If you could afford it I’d look around Ecclesall Rosd South around Greystones as there are a lot of rental houses on the likes of Ranby Road.

I’ve also lived out in Hathersage, fantastic village and lovely being out in the Peak but not great in terms of easy access back in to Sheffield for work. Now in Totley which I think has a lot going for it but not many rentals round here, not cheap and still a bit out of town.

Have a look at Grenoside, Oughtibridge, Meersbrook or parts of Sharrow areas as these are cheaper than the west parts of town but still have a good community feel to them. Oh and welcome to Sheffield! It’s reet good.

Pook

Crookes? Good for that kind of property

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Dronfield (in between Sheffield and Chesterfield) roughy wot where I live isn’t bad. Close to motorways and the like if you want that but also less than 20 mins cycle to the edge of the peaks. House prices aren’t bad and it has an inbetween feel – sort of semi rural ish. Very good schools if that’s relevant too..

No offence intended RRR, but Mrs STR is from Dronfield Woodhouse and there are a lot of places round Sheffield I’d choose before settling there. Holmesfield end maybe

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

^^^ urgh, yeah I didn’t mean Dronfield woodhouse – Europe’s largest housing estate at one point I believe?!

Not grotty as such just completely soulless!

I was thinking the old bit of Dronfield and surrounding areas. But as I say there are lots of areas in Sheffield I would prefer to live if we weren’t scummy first time buyers etc 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Chichester or Sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.