• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ctk.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Chewing gum and takeaway tax
  • redmex
    Free Member

Just seen a new landscaped area in a council part of a town im working in hate to think what its cost but its mingin with chewing gum, greasier than a butchers pencil outside the numerous takeaways , stains everywhere
    Some folk no respect, like the 5p bag tax to pay for cleaning up might help

maccruiskeen

Its a bit of a catch 22 – it the sense that ‘someone else’ will deal with it that gives people the excuse to drop stuff everywhere in the first place. People blame the council for not clearing litter up, but it wasn’t the council that dropped it. Making people feel that they’ve personally paid for the clean up pretty much sanctions littering.

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

A tax is OK, but ideally the key would be to change peoples behavior. I don’t know why people do that sort of thing, it baffles me!

slowoldman

I agree it’s behavior which needs to change. Anything thrown down is litter and unpleasant in my view. Including the humble fag end or banana skin.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Making people feel that they’ve personally paid for the clean up pretty much sanctions littering.

Guy and his girl walking up the road in front of me, guy drops his empty fag packet, girl tells him to pick it up. He says no, the council pay someone to pick it up so he’s creating work for someone by dropping litter.

ctk
    Free Member

A tax on non-recyclable packaging would be good. Tax on chewing gum a good idea also.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Chewing gum and takeaway tax’ is closed to new replies.