Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Chester Greenway dickhead!
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Pootling along the greenway earlier and from behind a grpup of people on the otherside of the path, his side, pops a cyclist right into my path. Not really much I could do except wait for the shoulder to make contact with him, (obviously no bike handling skillz).
    He tried to go right round me on the inside, attempting to avoid the shale at the edge of the pacth and contact was made.
    So I called hima dickhead and stopped to see who it was, he’d stopped and was berating me for going to fast.
    Dickhead!
    What’s up with some people? A simple apology, mate, and these things happen would not got him the second dickhead comment.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Too point five/10

wombat

How did you find out his name was Chester Greenway? 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chester Greenway Dickhead III

Texan oil tycoon, IIRC.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chester Dickhead ?

Odd name, if my parents had given me that… I’d have found another family to spend my life with.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

How did you find out his name was Chester Greenway?

Do you take bookings? 😛 We’ve got kids’ party coming up and the clown has flu. 😐

scotroutes

TBH, I thought this was going to be another disappointed Classifieds user thread.

slowoldman

No CAPS?

scotroutes

OK.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE ANOTHER DISAPPOINTED CLASSIFIEDS USER THREAD.

Better?

matt_outandabout

Sure you weren’t at Murryfield?

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

murrAyfield!

djflexure

You was too fast
    He was overtaken you
    I give up – some people just deserve each other 😀

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

You was too fast
    He was overtaken you
    I give up – some people just deserve each other

You no understand.
    You can must read again before being flippant.
    More dickheads, I give up. 😛

devash
    Free Member

I have no idea what any of that meant.

djflexure

I give up.

We can only hope

allthepies
    Free Member

Chester Greenway is innocent.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

#savechestergreenway

monkeyboyjc

project
    Free Member

Youre not a Kittel clone are you, he had fisticuffs with a fellow rider this week.

whereabouts on the shared use sustrans path

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The bit of the sustrans shared path where this rider decided that he shouldn’t have to wait behind pedestrians, but should cross to the other side, and ride head on into another pootling (warm up kms) rider and hit them before attempted victim blaming was either the A41 or M53 bridge. I don’t see how the precise location helps, unless it was you. 😛

sq225917
    Free Member

Are you sure you weren’t a tiny bit to blame? I have a friend with a punchable face, he’s nearly always at fault in these incidents.

Joking aside, I hope you lent forward to give him the hard shoulder.

RoterStern
    Free Member

People never like admitting that they are wrong.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Pathletes they are alive and well

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Are you sure you weren’t a tiny bit to blame?

Erm, yes. 100%, unless being there is a good enough reason for blame. Actually no, I might not have had to use the shoulder to push to muppet out of the way. So yes, in an attempt to protect myself, I was to blame for the dude coming too fast, on the wrong side of the path with little or no control. 😯

jekkyl

you tell ’em sasquitch.

Rorschach
    Free Member

obviously no bike handling skillz

It’s a bit harsh blaming your lack of ability for the crash.Probably even a good rider would’nt have been able to avoid him.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Perhaps it was a clumsy attempt to come on to you. Were you in lycra perchance??

bikebouy
    Free Member

Was it this bloke? Pete Greenaway is a famous British film director. Perrraps you fancy a bit part in his upcoming flick..

singletrackmind

You do know Americans drive on the wrong side of the road , dont you?

CalamityJames
    Free Member

These are my favourite threads. Giggling like an idiot.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’m beginning to suspect that Chester Greenway may be a reference to the location rather than the other rider, it doesn’t sound as if they exchanged details. The thing that bothers me is the purported inability to prevent a collision whilst ‘pootling’. It flies in the face of my understanding of a pootle.

project
    Free Member

This is the Chester greenway, its a sustrans shared use path,along the old Mickle trafford junction to Connahs quay railway line somebody local dreamed up the greenway name tag to make it more appealing to people who take their dogs down it to empty them.and leave the pooh bags scattered along side the track or sometimes hanging in trees.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBhrPmQrqgs[/video]

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

A couple of things from the vid.
    1) Rider’s knees sound knackered.
    2} Why did he slow down at 3:52, surely he could’ve overtaken the pedestrians and the oncoming cyclist would have been responsible for any collision, or simply have got out of the way.
    3) 9:30 from Kingsway, it doesn’t take much more than 10 mins from the top end of Northgate Avenue. 🙄

spooky_b329

You called him a dickhead, and then expected an apology? 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

Best bit about the Greenway is doubling the speed hubs by Blacon on 45mm carbon deep section wheels (and not getting stabbed for being in blacon…..and the Meadow Lea Cafe……and covering up the ‘l’ in the Blacon sign-see getting stabbed comment).

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Going to fast”. Is Fast a local town? Or you were planning on not eating for a while?

flossie
    Free Member

Good cafe in Fast. Unfortunately the service isn’t.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Good?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Good cafe in Fast. Unfortunately the service isn’t.

That probably sounded better in your head. 😛

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Chester Greenway dickhead!’ is closed to new replies.