Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Chelsea V Barcelona UCL
  • trailmonkey

Looking forward to this one. Personally think that Barcelona have the edge. Worth remembering that both sides have to score and Chelsea can’t just shut up shop like they did in Camp Nou. I think Hiddink’s done a great job since taking over and I’m intrigued to see how he’s going to approach this one. A wily tactician for sure.

However wins, I think the we’ll end up with the 2 best sides in the tournament contesting the final.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

As Chelsea have to score (unless they plan on playing for pens, which would be suicide) they’ll open up so I can’t see Barca failing to score. That means Chelsea need at least 2. As much as I’d like a United – Barcelona final, I still think Chelsea will do it.

I don’t think it’ll be as one-sided as last night’s match though. I’m over the moon!

trailmonkey

I don’t think it’ll be as one-sided as last night’s match though. I’m over the moon!

As a neutral, last nights game was a bit embarassing. Completely different levels of class. It would have been a travesty for the competion if Arsenal had somehow got to the final. I always think, although there have been lucky exceptions,that with the UCL, the best side in the competion usually wins the trophy.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

If Chelsea play like they did against Liverpool in the first leg of the q/final, then they could win. Barçelona aren’t significantly better; they have a great attack, but Chelsea have a better defence, imo.

Man U had a significant bit of luck last night. Against an Arsenal side who aren’t as good, certainly not without Arseshaving. Chelsea or Barça are significantly tougher opponents.

I’m just hoping Manure pick up injuries to Baby Rhino, My Little Pony and a few others, and capitulate against Man City and an angry Arse.

S’a lot less stressful fo me, Liverpool not being involved at this stage, although I am disappointed we’re not in it.

I think it might be Chelsea’s year. They must be so fired up, having come so close for so many seasons.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I hoping for a Chelsea victory tonight so i can see our favourite cockney duo of Fat Frank and ‘JT’ cry their eyes out after another defeat in a penalty shoot out final… 🙂

RepacK
    Free Member

Problem as I see it, is yes, we can stop Barca from scoring but in the process of doing that how the **** do we score?? Anyway I shall be at the Bridge tonight yelling my head off so combined with the undoubted case of Man Flu that I have right now (far worse than any Swine Flu) I shall be dead or dying from a bleeding throat & heart palpitations! :mrgreen:

trailmonkey

Problem as I see it, is yes, we can stop Barca from scoring but in the process of doing that how the **** do we score??

I don’t think Chelsea can approach the game trying to limit Barcelona, they have to make Barcelona concentrate on limiting them. I’m intrigued to see if Hiddink can pull this one off.

binners

The ideal final would be United v Barca. Both play beautiful football. Not something you can really accuse Chelski of.

I thought the Arse would have given us a bit more of a scrap last night. They were rubbish!!!

RepacK
    Free Member

Agreed but the problem still exists? How do we score? Set pieces? We didnt get a hell of a lot of those in the 1st leg? DD & AN & FM seem to be playing better but..Barca are a very different prospect to Fulham.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh, and tbh, Manure did Arse a favour last night. Had Arse gone through, and faced Barça,they wooduv been humiliated in the final.

Thing is, with Arse finishing with no silverware, and a distant 4th in the league, will they be able to regroup and mount a significant challenge next season? With the likes of Aston Villa, Everton and possibly a cash-soaked Man City breathing down their necks, will their best players stay on for another season of not quite making it, or will they seek pastures new? It’s no secret Arsenal don’t pay as well as other clubs, and there’s no such thing as loyalty any more.

Walcott for Liverpool. Mm. Arseshaving is brilliant, but he needs the team built around him. He’s not goin to get that at clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool, Manure, Barça, etc. Fabregas has oft said he’d like to return to Spain, Adebayour could be off to Italy, and tbh, none of the rest are really what top clubs would look for. Maybe a few squad players, but the likes of Bendtner woon’t even get on the bench at any of the other top clubs.

And might that mean Wenger considers his time is done, at the Emirates? I have no doubt several big Yerpean clubs would bite their own arms off to get him.

A few Arsenal fans I know were praying for a CL or at least FA Cup win, this season. Failure to get either may be a bad omen for them.

higgo
    Free Member

A few Arsenal fans I know were praying for a CL or at least FA Cup win, this season. Failure to get either may be a bad omen for them.

I wonder if patience is running out with Wenger. As the gooners streamed for the exits after the third goal he seemed to be getting some abuse (which is unusual).

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

if Barca play like they played on Saturday, they will hump Chelsea. Hope they do, not because I dislike Chelsea, rather than it will be more of a one off European spectacle.

trailmonkey

If I was Guardiola, I’d be worried that Barca had peaked on Saturday. Victory in el derby was important but it was still a game that they could afford not to win.

lister-hooded
    Free Member

If I was Hiddink I’d be worried that Barca didn’t peak on Saturday and that Chelski will get a right spanking…

And I’m hoping that the Reds will get an even bigger one come final day.

Guardiola has turned Barca round from last seasons shadows of their former selve into a potentially great football force

GO BARCA !!!

lister-hooded
    Free Member

oH !

Forgot to say …..

Mighty WHITES to stuff Millwall in the important games…

then probably trip up again in the Final 🙁

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Its looking good for the blues – good game in progress

rOcKeTdOg

oops

steffybhoy
    Free Member

yeeehaaaaa

Archaic
    Free Member

Poor old cheatski

Jamie
    Free Member

tails
    Free Member

either way united gonna win

joe1983
    Free Member

Ha ha ha ah ah haaaaaaa!

Haze

Should make for a better final…

yossarian
    Free Member

Ha ha ha serves chelsea right. Shit fans, half of them will be supporting someone else next season. Forza Barca!

mogrim

in el derby was important but it was still a game that they could afford not to win.

You’re joking, right? Winning against Madrid is far more important than anything else!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I just made a load of cash from that.

8)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oh dear.

I think the fat lady is singing….

Me, laughing cruelly and unkindly? Oh no…… 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

Ha ha ha serves chelsea right. Shit fans, half of them will be supporting someone else next season. Forza Barca!

coogan
    Free Member

Dang, I was hoping John Terry would start blubbing again.

yossarian
    Free Member

Hairychested
    Free Member

If Chelsea managed to prevent Bara from a goal-bound shot for a pretty much entire game, Man Utd can too. Mind, a poor (potentially) Barca defense is going to be weakened due to the red card. 2:1 to MU I say.

theotherjonv

not a great refereeing performance tbh, got the major decisions wrong (not a foul for the red card, could easily have been penalties at both ends).

HOWEVER

Disgraceful from Chelsea at the end. Very disappointed, I’m sure but Ballack, Drogba, Terry – should be ashamed when they see that back. Because it’s going to be recreated on the playground, the park, in kids games the world over.

Respect? Drogba hit the nail on the head – they were a f**king disgrace at the end.

trailmonkey

You’re joking, right? Winning against Madrid is far more important than anything else!

Yes as far as the fans/Catalan media are concerned. Reality is, they could have lost on Saturday and will still win La Liga.

As far as tonight was concerned, Barcelona always were in the driving seat. Chelsea scoring 1 goal didn’t matter, I always thought they’d need at least 2.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

what a tit drogba is.

Hadge
    Free Member

Drogba is the biggest cheat that’s ever played the game – how he can have a pop at the referee is a joke. I hope he gets the book thrown at him. I did want an all English final but would have felt better if Drogba had been unavailable for the final – now he is anyway!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL! A Chelsea fan has just ‘phoned BBC Radio London’s ‘phone in; went on about Sepp Blatter din’t want two English clubs in the final again, and then called him a rude word! On air! What a numpty. That’s a £5000 fine (IIRC) coming your way, mate! Ha ha!

Mind, I spose it’s only that bloke, and a couple of hundred others, who are really that bothered about tonight! 😉

theotherjonv

is that the same Drogba that missed a sitter to make it 2-0?

But it’s not his fault. Of course not.

tooFATtoRIDE
    Free Member

Chelsea out!
    AWESOME 🙂

BoardinBob

Dang, I was hoping John Terry would start blubbing again

8)

BoardinBob

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Chelsea V Barcelona UCL’ is closed to new replies.