Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Cheese on Toast Thread
  • csb

Best thing I’ve ever had was in a cafe where they messed up (forgot) the kids lunches so rushed out some deep fried cheese toastie sandwiches. OMG divine.

thols2

Oh god, think of the children.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Grated mature cheddar mixed with sardines in tomato sauce, toasted on some nice sourdough.

Flippin’ yum!!!

rakas

I put Kimchi in a cheese toastie yesterday. It was beautiful. I encourage you all to try this.

kayak23

Didn’t have any butter or Marge this morning, so had to use mayonnaise on my toast as a lubricating base layer to the marmite.

Pretty nice as it goes.

Oggles
    Free Member

M&S are currently offering ‘extremely cheesy Cheddar & Red Leicester Hot Cross Buns’ (unfruited) for fans of cheese and toasted baked goods. Top with a cheese of your choice for triple cheesiness.

Keva
    Free Member

made some the other day with Comte, Gruyère, and a vinatge Gouda, all together mixed up.
    chopped up some tomatoes and sprinkled with pepper, yum yum yum.

sirromj

Sour dough bread from baker with cheddar cheese and habanero & carrot sauce from singularity sauce company with crunchy black pepper from grinder. So good!

llama

small loaf I made yesterday
    sliced, buttered both sides, crappy but strong cheddar, thin ham layer in the middle
    fried slowly (in a bit more butter for good measure)

myti
    Free Member

Had a crusty brown slice with aubergine pickle then strong Cheddar then red onion for lunch. The pickle really punches through.

colournoise

Don’t overcomplicate.

Thick sliced supermarket bread.
    Toast both sides.
    Generously top with Lincolnshire Poacher.
    Liberally sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce.
    Melt the cheese.
    Eat.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Cheese on Toast Thread’ is closed to new replies.