Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Cheese!
  • theotherjonv

Welcome over to the light Stoner. Now either seek out a proper cheesemonger or make a trip to Neal’s yard dairy in London village and try out some other proper cheeses that’ll stand comfortably alongside your Tunworth. Curtisthecat’s or Flashy’s list is a fair starting point though

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive been to Neals a few times. In fact one of the guys that used to work there (repatriated kiwi now) used to come up to my chef friend’s place every summer for the barbecue. Ive had plenty of good cheese before, but nothing quite as bang-on as that Tunworth.

theotherjonv

Ah, OK. I typically prefer my cheeses British style – hence my Christmas mix – but I’ll give that Tunworth a go once the stash runs out. Sometime this week, the speed it’s going.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Ch like church.
    Stoner, glad to hear you liked the Tunworth, I will pass the accolades on to Stacy(who makes the cheese) we took some over for a do at the British embassy last year in Paris. The French went a bit quiet when they tasted it! Bit worried 😀
    Who is your Michelin starred friend, I might know or have dealing with him.

Stoner
    Free Member

second name a season 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Seems my LCS (Local Cheese Shop) doesnt stock Hampshire 🙁 / Will have to go and see if the Waitrose in Malvern stocks it instead.

The French went a bit quiet when they tasted it! Bit worried

that would have been ace to see…

piemonster

Received a selection of cheese from this place for crimbo

http://www.paxtonandwhitfield.co.uk/

Thoroughly recommended, some excellent products indeed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

or make a trip to Neal’s yard dairy Rippon’s in London village

FTFY

Why pay over the odds for Neal’s Yard? Come to SW1, cheese is ace, and there’s great beer just down the road! Far better than going to Covent Garden!

theotherjonv

Because the guys and girls at boro have always been great in helping me choose, and I’ve never needed to try anywhere else as a result. Plus, a trip to boro MKT is a great day out anyway.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

And we supply Rippon with their cheese. By going to Boro you are getting the good stuff 😆

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I’m getting an urge to demolish the remainder of the roquefort.

Sandwich

I have a French cheese from Waitrose which is just in the solid phase. The skin has been bathed in Marc de Bourgogne, proper lush it is on a wholewheat cracker with a glass of tawny.

IdleJon

I was given an Ultimate Pong Box from pongcheese.co.uk as a present.

Oxford Blue
    Finn with triple cream (GORGEOUS!)
    Munster AOC
    Epoisses de Bourgogne AOC (even more GOURGEOUSER than Finn!!)

They’re all good but the two highlighted are beautifl. Impressed!

I also asked my wife to get me some stilton from the market but she’s not sure where it was from. It’s good though.

(I used to work in cheese product development for a large and well known dairy company. The most boring job I’ve ever had but at least my palate was developed by working with the cheese graders.)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Cheese!’ is closed to new replies.