Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheer me up, please
  • SaxonRider

and at the same time, tell me if you ever have days where you feel emotionally drained.

I have been fielding other people’s issues all week, and more today.

Plus, I have been really down about the state of my fitness since before Christmas, and so have kept my calories below 1800 all week, as well as having either played ice hockey or ridden the turbo, only to have not lost an ounce as far as my scales tell me this morning.

And the demands haven’t stopped. I wanted to go riding today, but wasn’t able to – so it will be back on the turbo late this evening. Then, to keep myself focused on something constructive, I went out to do some maintenance on my CX, and just got upset at the state of my back garden, and the fact that I looked over at my 1 year-old Genesis Tarn and saw that the drivetrain is completely orange from rust. ARGGGGGGGH!

Everything is just affecting me negatively.

I know this is solipsistic and pathetic, but I just can’t seem to snap out of it.

So STW, do your worst (or your best).

jambourgie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m in a similar situation SR. Went out today on the HT, knackered after 9 miles, the FS is minging & the freehub’s seized, I’m just FAT, the weather’s shite (mainly) I think I’m suffering from SAD.
    I’m enjoying my new job though. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/OrlWWrSwaB8[/video]

Scarcat67
    Free Member

You’ve not lost weight because your body has gone into starvation so will store or lower energy levels in accordance, whilst it is this cold you need to fuel your training with carb/gels when out riding. When off the bike keep your food intake healthy but don’t restrict this time of year. Its detrimental imho. And just slow down you don’t have to do everything at once, sounds like you’re getting over whelemed.Do less sessions but make one of them super hard. When I cut out carbs and restricted my intake in the past I went the same way, in the winter months now I don’t and eat to fuel and my mind settles. Best of luck.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you aren’t riding your bike, what do you need to bit fit for? Fitness comes with consistency, and it’s a shit time of year for that. I barely touched my bike between January and April last year, fitness soon returned once the light evenings came and I started cycling again. IF you’re not into it at the moemnt, sort your garden instead!

binners

You can try as you might but you’ll never be as fat and unhealthy as me

Come on….. give us a hug! We’re good at hugs, us porkers

Take the positives 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chill out, rock out (play loud)
    [video]https://youtu.be/T81xsEyfl3c[/video]

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m not sure if I can cheer you up, but have you tried reading or watching something that appeals to your sense of humour even if it only takes you away from how you feel for a while. That’s what I’ve been trying to do.
    I’m feeling about as bad as I’ve ever felt, seriously struggling. I’m seeing a doctor on Tuesday and I’m holding on to a tiny hope that they can help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheer me up, please’ is closed to new replies.