Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Cheer me up – Friday Gadgets
  • Kryton57

Wallowing with Covid, I’ve £100 left for myself after a work bonus. So, what in-budget bike/watch/house/family/other gadget can I absorb time looking at today that’ll be even a tiny bit useful?

Looking forward to a myriad of eclectic suggestions…

joshvegas
    Free Member
    dknwhy

Shokz headphones? I love mine and use them on most rides and dog walks. Means I can hear what’s going on around me and still listen to music and podcasts.

MoreCashThanDash

Shokz headphones

Funnily enough, I’d got a Strava discount for them last week and used it the day I tested positive…..

MoreCashThanDash

Or a subscription to virtualC&H.com

fossy

Used projector ? Just splashed a whole £30 on an ultra short throw projector for watching movies in the garden. It’s an 8 year old projector that cost over £1,500 new and is designed for use in well lit classrooms so it’s bright, unlike those cheapo things on amazon.

IHN

Just for balance and to provide the requisite STW hand-wringing quotient – instead of buying more crap that you don’t really need, give the £100 to charity.

Kryton57

IHN, apart from the weekly food bank package that went with Jnr to school yesterday, downstairs there are 40 “surprise” parcels my wife made up this week for underprivileged kids, to be delivered Saturday.

I rarely buy anything for myself anymore that doesn’t replace something worn out so please excuse this indulgence.

willard

Or invest the 100 notes in good quality wine and coffee.

jonnyboi

ebay Garmin Varia or exposure light

StirlingCrispin

Chromecast for the TV.
    Second-hand compressor.
    Spend the rest on goats from Oxfam.

IHN

IHN, apart from the weekly food bank package that went with Jnr to school yesterday, downstairs there are 40 “surprise” parcels my wife made up this week for underprivileged kids, to be delivered Saturday.

I rarely buy anything for myself anymore that doesn’t replace something worn out so please excuse this indulgence.

Fair enough, indulgence fully excused.

In that case, how about a beautifully made, beautiful to wear and pretty beautiful to look at jersey, that will last years and years?

https://www.soigneur.co.nz/category/Bianchi-BSA-Brooks-Campagnolo-Zeus-Marin-Pashley?nav=ccy&updatePricingForCurrency=GBP

DrP

One one-hundred pound hooker bot?
    Or one hundred one-pound hooker bots?

DrP

intheborders
    Free Member
    Cougar

Raspberry Pi and a bag of bits?

Cougar

Spend the rest on goats from Oxfam.

You must be kidding.

IHN

Apple pies and bags of crisps?

IHN

You must be kidding.

No need to be so gruff

K

Raspberry Pi

Good luck finding stock!

jam-bo

Raspberry Pi and a bag of bits?

probably be more productive just hiding the £100 at the back of a drawer for a couple of years to gather dust. 😉

fasthaggis

For your jewelry.
    bling

For those stylish Italian driving glasses,it also has a mirror so you can practise ‘that’ pout.
    hiya

🤣🤣🙃

onewheelgood

I was given one of these and it’s been way more useful than I expected

ION: USB Type-C EDC Pocket Flashlight

northernmatt

Lego or two half decent bottles of whisky or one very good bottle of whisky.

johndoh
    Free Member

I was given one of these and it’s been way more useful than I expected

I just got similar (a bargain find in TK Maxx clearance) and it’s great. Mine has a magnetic base and a swivel head.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Based on one of your previous threads

Litter Kwitter Cat Toilet Training System https://amzn.eu/afc22ip

Cheaper options are available but then you’d need to look at yet more stuff.

Personally I think I’d probably get a good sugar thermometer and make shed loads of toffee.

(oh and I saw a samosa maker the other day, maybe one of those to gather dust in a cupboard)

MoreCashThanDash

You must be kidding.

No need to be so gruff

Enough with this nanny state!

kilo

One one-hundred pound hooker bot?
    Or one hundred one-pound hooker bots?

That’s what’s wrong with today’s consumer society; a constant need for new digital / internet solution – what’s wrong with traditional C&H

the-muffin-man

Crypto! It’s bargain basement price at the minute.

And it could be worth £10m in 10 years – or **** all – you just never know! 🙂

And you get hours of joy watching your investment tumble.

scotroutes

A Cubot Pocket.

Finally, a 4″ Android phone.

https://cubot.net/Smartphones/Pocket

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That’s what’s wrong with today’s consumer society; a constant need for new digital / internet solution – what’s wrong with traditional C&H

Inflation, you won’t get coke or hooker (let alone multiple) for £100 these days.

Davesport
    gauss1777
    Free Member

A pond kit from the RSPB website.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

6 pack of oddballs underpants and some high quality toilet roll. look after your ass…

kimbers

I hear bitcoin is cheap at the moment!

Cougar

Inflation, you won’t get coke or hooker (let alone multiple) for £100 these days.

You say that, but it’s £1.99 for a two litre bottle at the shop round the corner.

the00
    Free Member

I don’t mean this to sound short, it is meant as genuinely helpful advice. But just admit that buying more stuff, or starting yet another thread on STW about it, will not make you any happier. Stick it in a savings account for you or your kids, or in your pension. Or give it to charity.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Second-hand compressor.

Yess!

gvgfhj

RustySpanner

A Squier Bullet Mustang.

A Tamiya RC kit.

A Kindle.

That new LEGO Vespa.

An Alpkit Gourdon pack and a family curry with the change.

And kudos to your wife, what a lovely thing to do!

duncancallum

Meal out?

Or maybe a 15mile road trip

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.