Cheep s/h frames that'll take Lyriks, loads of standover and really long TT's?

Home Forum Bike Forum Cheep s/h frames that'll take Lyriks, loads of standover and really long TT's?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheep s/h frames that'll take Lyriks, loads of standover and really long TT's?
  • julians

based on just reading the thread title I was going to suggest a pitch, then I opened the thread and saw you’ve just sold a pitch……

Spesh Enduro?
    nukeproof mega?

Moon on a stick?

FS or HT,

Basicly I sold my Pitch, kinda regret it, but want something a little different to replace it.

Did like:
    Completely unstopable downhill

Didn’t like:
    Medium was too short (length) uphill, large was too tall downhill (couldn’t squeeze a reverb into a 19″ frame).

Would kinda prefer a hardtail as the parts bin is mostly scruffy stuff, but wouldn’t be adverse to a simpler FS than the pitch that didn’t have so many nooks and crannies to wash. Either way it’s got to be cheap unless On-One are going to bring out a 26″ ‘Asprin’ or the 650b ‘Paracetamol’.

Premier Icon wiggles
    Subscriber

Dialled alpine

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

Privee Shan.

(In the spirit of recommending…etc etc)

deviant

Yeah, Nukeproof Mega…every ride i’ve had on one has been immense, they feel indestructible.
    Arguably overkill for most UK stuff hence the shorter travel TR version now available….local shop has both models in stock, when i clear my credit card one of them will be mine!

ajantom

Yup, dialled alpine if you want to go the hardtail route. I picked my frame up on ebay for £120

gonzy

trek remedy or a lapierre spicy

Spicy is (well, the older ones anyway) short in the top tube, and Remedy is at least as fiddly as a Pitch in terms of bearings etc.

NP Mega quite short in the TT too, isn’t it?

For simplicity, how about one of the older straight-steerer Orange Alpine 160s? They tend to be low and long, don’t they?

Failing that, a 456/SS as a hardtail has got to be the default answer?

Privee Shan.

Is the current #1 option, but large frames seem as rare as rocking horse poop.

NP Mega quite short in the TT too, isn’t it?

Yea, seem that despite the meejjaaa telling everyone who’ll listen that bikes are getting longer and lower, that actualy they’ve stayed the same. I don’t really get why bike’s can’t all be <18″ frames and 410mm seatposts, there’s some poeple on XL frames and long posts, but not many, all I want is a 620mm top tube and a 17″ seatube!

Had a 456, didn’t rate it with 6″ forks, felt like a barge compared to 130mm forks.

Might just get a large pitch and sell the reverb for a 100mm garvity dropper.

Orange Blood in 17″? Just shy of 600mm ETT is about the longest you’ll get with a 17″ seat tube I think.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheep s/h frames that'll take Lyriks, loads of standover and really long TT's?’ is closed to new replies.