Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheeky or otherwise good trails, Kinver, Enville, Stourbridge area?
  • v8ninety

Hi all, Have moved into this area recently, and anticipated mucho good trails around this predominently wooded area, but on closer inspection lots of the woods are fenced off. 😐 I was wondering if any locals frequent this forum and if so whether they could share any local knowledge, possibly in exchange for a pint at the Cat?

Thanks in advance…

z1ppy

The a load of locals on here… and lots are more sociable than me (not too hard).

Strava is your obvious friend, ignore any no biking signs on kinver edge (that to scare off the brummies), and be very afraid when SSTu offers you a guided ride 😯
    TBH there quite a lot of bridles way and canals to link the interesting stuff, without too much road work.
    Million has a permissive track through it, but has lots of tracks that can be explored, just be wary of very butch looking women & the dog training.
    Kinver edge has it’s own stickman but most ppl will just smile, there’s a spiders web of paths/bridleways, treat them/other users with respect & it’ll be fine. There’s a short technical DH track down the bottom end of kingsford.
    The wyre forest has the best riding in the area, if weather dependant, and can be linked to via the back of kinver (castle hill/Shatterford woods/Alveley).
    High gate common is worth an explore, you can get to Himley/Baggridge, & Clent isn’t miles away to stretch your legs.
    What have I missed?

rjmccann101

Z1ppy has covered the highlights, although the track through the Millions is a proper bridleway, it’s the west side of Kinver Edge that has a permissive path along it.

If you want some company Stourbridge CC run a number of regular off road rides starting from the Bonded Warehouse by the canal in Stourbridge, you could try the Saturday 9am ride – this usually cover between 40 and 60km and you’ll soon discover most of what the area has to offer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

hmmm, bumping for the other (less miserable [myself]) locals to contribute.

rOcKeTdOg

if you ever fancy a ride at Lickey Hills etc give me a shout, not too far from you. know my way about the wyre, waseley and clent too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/NWAlps/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheeky or otherwise good trails, Kinver, Enville, Stourbridge area?’ is closed to new replies.