Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 176 total)
  • Ched Evans – Not Guilty
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Crankboy – there’s an interesting element here in that it seems that the evidence that cleared him only came about as a result of the victim being (unlawfully) named. It provides an interesting twist to the unsettled argument about anonymity for the accused in rape cases.

poah
    Free Member

and whether there might have been a different verdict in a Scottish court…

not proven is a stupid way of ending a trial, its still an acquittal and carries the same legal standpoint as not guilty. The only thing with the not proven result is that it has a moral attachement to it which shouldn’t be part of a law based result.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ninfan makes an interesting point above, without the girl being illegally named the evidence clearing Evans may not have come forward

As for Jess E-H yes she had a right not to want to be associated with a football club at which Evans may have signed for as she would be now he’s been cleared – however that’s much more complicated now as he is legally innocent

Wookster

Crank Boy great read thanks.

I agree with his final point

10. What does this whole affair say about our society?
    Christ knows. Nothing good.

My two pence worth is the Bloke is a tool, kicks a ball around is paid lots so has no moral stop light. Having had the joy of walking in on my mate getting it on with a girl my first thought was “eh guess I’ll go back out” rather than “ah sure I’ll join in..” ( you should never stir another mans porrage). He’s clearly not alone in thinking this behaviour is ok.

I can’t believe his fiancée stayed with him regardless of the criminal charges he was actively out sha*ging other women. Mrs Wookster wouldn’t be seen for dust or I think would most women, and actually why would you want a doormat for a partner.

But marring a footballer / rich person and allowing them to behave how they like as they are a meal ticket is a bit of a cottage industry and so suppose has been for ever.

The most I see of celebrity, and modern society, sexting, social media expectations based on some persons televised life the happier I am far away on the bike the out with the Dog, and delighted that I’m married to a person who’s switched on and has enough about them not to be treated like shite regardless that they are in love or married. .

aracer
    Free Member

dannyh
    Free Member

His personallity is irrelavent,

I agree 100% (although not with the spelling). It’s his actions that mark him down as a bit of a scumbag.

km79
    Free Member

aracer – Member

jambalaya » now as he is legally innocent not guilty

But you are innocent until proven guilty. He was not proven guilty so therefore is innocent.

wallop

He’s not necessarily innocent. They just weren’t able to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that he was guilty.

anagallis_arvensis

As for Jess E-H yes she had a right not to want to be associated with a football club at which Evans may have signed for as she would be now he’s been cleared – however that’s much more complicated now as he is legally innocent

Not really, she is still able to take a view on associations with him regardless of his guilt or otherwise. He is not someone I would want to be associated with.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Why is this national news?

bikebouy
    Free Member

poah – Member
    really, why would that be? so anyone thats found not guilty is an unproven criminal? what a world we live in that you think that way.

Really, I’m surprised you think otherwise.

You were born in the 50’s, continue to have a “little lady” attitude and probably think any female that wears a shirt skirt is asking for it. And I claim my £5.

Nipper99
    Free Member

There is always moral elbow room in these thing which is why we have juries.

poah
    Free Member

Really, I’m surprised you think otherwise.

You were born in the 50’s, continue to have a “little lady” attitude and probably think any female that wears a shirt skirt is asking for it. And I claim my £5

you are applying a moralstic standard to the law which is wrong. The man is innocent untill proven guilty, he was found not guilty ergo still innocent. You’re discrimination here is just as bad as sexism and racism.

FYI – born in the 70’s, my wife hasnt worn a skirt in years and I’ve got no interest in having sex with other woman (or men). TBF when we were going out she had sex pants and a sex skirt so if she wore that then yes she was asking for it 😉

theotherjonv

His return to work should be on the basis of footballing judgement.

Not just. If footballers are supposed to be role models (rightly or wrongly, they are); and if football clubs are supposed to be community based, community supporting enterprises, there’s also a judgement about whether he’s a suitable employee.

The fact a proportion of the club’s fanbase will forgive almost anything as long as he’s banging the goals in regularly shouldn’t be a factor in that. They’re the ones in the wrong there, the club has every right to distance themselves from him if they choose.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

So when Sheffield United named that stand after Jess Ennis do you think that a part of that agreement was that she be allowed to veto the signing of any player who’s moral standards she found unacceptable . Where should the line be drawn , can’t sign him because he has a parking ticket , speeding ticket , tax fraud etc etc . The whole concept of the English law system is that you serve your time and that’s your punishment . She should not have been interfering with football matters and affecting his employment prospects.

anagallis_arvensis

So when Sheffield United named that stand after Jess Ennis do you think that a part of that agreement was that she be allowed to veto the signing of any player who’s moral standards she found unacceptable .

I was under the impression she didnt want her name associated with Evans thats notvthe dame thing. The club could have re named the stand and kept Evans. She is entitled to her opinion.

you are applying a moralstic standard to the law which is wrong. The man is innocent untill proven guilty, he was found not guilty ergo still innocent.

No one is saying he is guilty what we are saying is he still looks like a dirty little sex pest with low morals.

poah
    Free Member

No one is saying he is guilty what we are saying is he still looks like a dirty little sex pest with low morals.

who gives a flying ****?

theotherjonv

I do. I love football and the behaviour of these young men with so much in front of them, chances that many others would give their right arm for, constantly bringing the game into disrepute makes me care a lot.

Plus it means the egg chasers get to point and sneer a bit more.

anagallis_arvensis

who gives a flying ****?

I do. I certainly wouldnt pay to watch him play football. I also think that it certainly says something about you if you dont care.

poah
    Free Member

I do. I certainly wouldnt pay to watch him play football. I also think that it certainly says something about you if you dont care

it says nothing about me, I don’t care if this guy a perv or wither he cheats on his girlfriend or anything else he does within the law of the land.

anagallis_arvensis

it says nothing about me, I don’t care if this guy a perv or wither he cheats on his girlfriend or anything else he does within the law of the land.

You are entitled to your opinion but it says something about you as far as I’m concerned

aracer
    Free Member

and you think that says nothing about you? 😯

poah
    Free Member

You are entitled to your opinion but it says something about you as far as I’m concerned

so it says somthing about me that I don’t care about the private/personal life of someone I don’t know and will never know?

I’m curious to know why I should care?

tpbiker
    Free Member

He’s not necessarily innocent. They just weren’t able to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that he was guilty.

Same could be said for any not guilty verdict, no matter how strong the defence. Are they all not innocent in your eyes? Jury took only 2 hours, so appears fairly cut and dry to me.

He does..but then again so does the girl involved who appears to be, lets be honest, a bit of a ‘slut’.

It sounds like they were a good match for each other

wallop

FWIW I don’t believe he raped her – I was only stating that the court has not proven him ‘innocent’.

poah
    Free Member

I was only stating that the court has not proven him ‘innocent’

The court decides guilt not innocence given that you are innocent till proven guilty.

aracer
    Free Member

Yet here you are…

Fairly cut and dried that there was reasonable doubt – I’m sure you’ll agree that you can’t read any more into it than that.

FWIW I’m not sure what you think is particularly wrong with the morals of the girl involved – apart from being a bit promiscuous which isn’t really something we frown on all that much nowadays is it? I’m not quite sure how that compares with the morals and actions of Evans.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Those who berate Evans – due to his behaviour…or comments about girls liking footballers with money…or something else?

tpbiker
    Free Member

FWIW I’m not sure what you think is particularly wrong with the morals of the girl involved – apart from being a bit promiscuous which isn’t really something we frown on all that much nowadays is it? I’m not quite sure how that compares with the morals and actions of Evans.

I’m struggling to see much of a difference if im honest – he tries it on in a sleezy way, shes up for it cause shes a tramp. I think the morals of both are at a similar level.

Im sure similar happens across the country on a vast scale every weekend

aracer
    Free Member

Are you unaware of the circumstances here, or just ignoring them?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yes quite aware. He invited himself round and arogantly thought as he was a footballer she’d be happy for him to get involved.

By all accounts it looks like she was.

What am I missing oh wise one?

yunki
    Free Member

ewwwww! sloppy seconds

anagallis_arvensis

I’m curious to know why I should care?

Because the less sex pests who dont make much if any effort to ascertain consent before shagging a pissed up bird we have in our society the better…just my opinion though. You obviously have different morals to me.

I’m struggling to see much of a difference if im honest – he tries it on in a sleezy way, shes up for it cause shes a tramp.

We could do with less people holding views like this too.

Oh and aracer…I hope my views do say something about me

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, my comment was aimed at poah, but you posted whilst I was typing – I thought the context would make things clear without needing to edit or add a quote.

Though I think all of our views says something about us.

anagallis_arvensis

Fair enough… my comment stands though. You can learn a lot about people by listening to their views

poah
    Free Member

Because the less sex pests who dont make much if any effort to ascertain consent before shagging a pissed up bird we have in our society the better…just my opinion though. You obviously have different morals to me

how is he a sex pest?

you can’t make a any comment on the condition of the girl as you were not there and she can’t remember. He is innocent of the crime remember.

mrmoofo

It’ s a shame that since the infamous session of 5 footballers and one girl that the moral standards of well paid 20 years olds hasn’t got better.
    It is a sad fact that women will throw themselves at men with money and status ( as Peter Crouch once nicely summed up) – not many of the WAGs are too shabby. Some of their partners, however ….

It would be good that the industry that they are in starts teaching them about conduct and image rights and what it means.

Evans and his mate are scummy …. but I guess just as scummy as a lot of youf these days. Hardly glowing behaviour … but not a rapist.

anagallis_arvensis

you can’t make a any comment on the condition of the girl as you were not

Except for us knowing she was staggering about pissed!
    Listen, you have your opinion I’ll have mine.

Junkyard
    Free Member

how is he a sex pest*?

Well we have all had sex with someone we have never met, never spoken to , dont know their name , who we burst in on whilst they are having sex with our mate , ask for a go, **** them, then leave them all whilst they are so drunk they wont remember it and we have a partner at home.

Like you I have no idea why so many are judging this man to be a “sex pest*”
    He is an example to us all about how we should conduct ourselves
    Lets be honest we all hope our daughters meet a man like him and our sons grow up to act like him.
    WARNING POST CONTAINS IRONY

* not really sure what sex pest means exactly but FFS it not hard to see why he is being judged. Nothing illegal and nothing admirable

tpbiker
    Free Member

* not really sure what sex pest means exactly but FFS it not hard to see why he is being judged. Nothing illegal and nothing admirable

I think that sums up the term sex pest quite well!

I have no issue with him being judged, my only beef is that double standards seem to apply in situations like this. ie greater blame and condemnation always apears to fall on the side of the bloke involved.Given the reports, i think it could be argued that the girl falls under the term ‘sex pest’ as well!

Doubt either set of parents can be too proud.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Ched Evans – Not Guilty’ is closed to new replies.