Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheapy chinese internal cable router
  • J273
    Free Member

Has anyone used one of these to route internal cables? Im trying to route a frame at the minute and its being a right pita. Ive tried the thread and hoover method but no luck.

I had a look on ebay to see if anyone was selling a Hope internal routing kit but came across these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Riding-Bike-Frame-Internal-Wiring-Cable-Routing-Brake-Tube-Cycling-Repair-Tools/312892853477?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225076%26meid%3D9f7d50c470ea4ac7b02af770c2d97dd1%26pid%3D100227%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D14%26sd%3D233334223702%26itm%3D312892853477%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2053904&_trksid=p2053904.c100227.m3827

Has anyone tried one and do they work? All my bikes are internally routed so this would make life alot easier.

Ta

antigee

I’ve used dental floss and a Hoover possibly just possibly a bit easier to suck than thread …. good luck

Edit just read the all my bikes … after first time I just cut the cables and pull a new one through using a cable end that I have cut the end off to attach the new cable…can get caught but usually goes 2nd time at worst

matt_outandabout

Vaccum and cotton thread here.

Learn to tie a rolling hitch with cotton onto old cable to pull through new cables.

submarined
    Free Member

If you’ve got an old outer still in there, get hold of a tandem inner, thread that through The old one, and use it as guide to pull the new one through.

coatesy
    Free Member

Looks along the lines of the Park Tool jobby, which generally work pretty well, but aren’t always as easy as they’d like you to believe.

devash
    Free Member

Which way are you routing the cable from? On my Giant Anthem I find it infinitely easier to push the cable from the rear to the front i.e. from rear mech end towards the shifter.

Its also much easier if you remove the forks as you just keep pushing until you can see the cable reaching the headset, then you can guide it through with your fingers or a bit of wire if you have a long headtube.

My experience trying to use magnetic devices wasn’t particularly positive but that may just be the routing of my frame.

failedengineer

I bought a very similar one when trying to get a reverb hose through my Intense Primer after having tried every other ‘easy’ method. It worked (eventually), but there was a lot of swearing ….

chakaping
    Free Member

Park Tool jobby, which generally work pretty well, but aren’t always as easy as they’d like you to believe.

They’re great until you get to a bike that they’re not so great on, like the dropper cable routing for my Orange.

Currently riding with a normal seatpost, I’m so depressed about having to do it again.

FOG

My new frame is all external cableing . It will take an internal dropped but as I still have an external post it is not an issue.
    Doing the cables really was a 5 minute job especially compared to my last bike which was all internal and took hours to sort.

mav12
    Free Member

its a right pain on my boardman , so i have run a full lenth outer through the frame to the deraileur . works a treat now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheapy chinese internal cable router’ is closed to new replies.