Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Cheapish Wheelset Battle… Hunt vs DT Swiss… Round 1, FIGHT!!
  • Paceman
    Free Member

I used a set of Hunt Trail Wide wheels for a year before changing bikes, through all conditions both locally and on multiple away trips to the Peak District, BPW, C-Y-B, Snowdon, Antur, Afan etc. I won’t hesitate to buy another set, they were absolutely boombroof in all respects.

rampagerandy
    Free Member

Sorry, I wasn’t meaning to be harsh or bad mouth Hunt for not letting me have the 10% discount.
    I missed the deadline, so be it. Not their fault.

All I meant was if I could of gotten their Trail Wide wheels at 315, I would of gone ahead with that.

Also, the DT Swiss build DOES INCLUDE the 36t ratchet. The kids are gonna starve for a little whiles.

AlexSimon

Aldi Baked Beans are pretty good I hear 😉

poah
    Free Member

Also check out fitwheels website for builds and you can email Lukasz and request a custom build. Just don’t expect quick delivery. I’ve purchased several parts from his company without any issue.

alan1977
    Free Member

recently had the same decision to make
    wanted 30+mm with not ridiculous weight, yet good durability
    i opted for Spank 350 in the end due to CRC having them at the same price as the hunts.

nedrapier

what hubs come with the spanks?

alan1977
    Free Member

their own hubs i think

dirkpitt74

I had a similar decision to make – ended up with the Hunts.

I had a look on the ’nearly new up to 40% off’ section of the website and got a set of trail wide non-boost 650b for £230.
    That was a brand new front and a very lightly used rear – in fact only mark I can see is where a valve was fitted.

Had been looking there for ages until they came up on new years eve.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Is this really being asked?

DT, no brainer – head and shoulders.

I hear straight pull spokes are a PITA when you come to true your wheels 3 years later and you turn the nipple and whole spoke turns.

sprocker
    Free Member

DT Swiss for me, Moonglu do 481’s on hope hubs for 485 if you want to stretch a bit further for a uk builder.

rampagerandy
    Free Member

UPDATE :

I got the DT’s.

From Fitwheels.eu.

Only had a short test ride on them so far, but first impressions = AWESOME.

mickolas
    Free Member

Congrats Rampage Randy. Good choice.

mashr

I do love a massively vague review from someone who’s just shelled out a load of cash 😉

bonobo
    Free Member

To be fair, they did say they had only done a test ride.
    But yeah, I’d like more info too.
    Watching with interest.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Cheapish Wheelset Battle… Hunt vs DT Swiss… Round 1, FIGHT!!’ is closed to new replies.