Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheapish road frame ideas
  • benjbish

Tinkering with the idea of transferring the kit from my old (too small) road frame to a new frame for a low cost “new bike”. Am currently looking at the Dolan Preffisio frame and carbon fork for £200ish. Is there anything else that I should look at?

Cheers,

Ben.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Merlin were doing Gianni Motta frames for £99. Got one myself and it is an aluminium rocket. 1.35kg iirc. I got myself some carbon forks and a carbon post from China for peanuts. The quality of the welds is amazing.
    My mate has a freshly built Dolan for work duties. Think he paid £200 for the frame set. Looks the nuts for the money.

benjbish

Fab thanks Neil, saw those Motta frames before but hadn’t heard anything about them.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a Motta from Merlin too. Can’t fault it!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Can’t recommend it enough. Its a stiff ride but saying that I was used to a very supple steel roadie and a 5 inch full sus so it would feel that. Stiff but Very responsive. Done 3000+ miles on it now and I am proper chuffed with it.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/shes-alive-new-road-toy

mansonsoul
    Free Member

There are quite a few road frames cheap as chips in Bristol Bike Project if you’re local to there.

pjm84
    Free Member

I have a spare Preffisio unused frame in the garage that’s taking up space. It’s a 62cm.

jonba
    Free Member

Merlin
    Planet x
    Ribblecycles
    Graham weigh

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Planet-x team alu?

federalski
    Free Member

I’ve never had one but always like the Planet X team alu purely because of the sparkly sky blue colour…

benjbish

pjm84 – interesting! How tall are you? I’m 6’4″ with relatively short legs for my height. I work in the same area as you. How much would you want for it if you are selling?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Second hand.
    Bought this frame and fork a cheap replacement for my Lynskey as I needed the money.
    £150 for an Italian made alu/carbon frame that rides better than a £1k Ti job.
    🙂
    [/url][/img]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheapish road frame ideas’ is closed to new replies.