Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheapish helmet that doesnt look rubbish?
  • CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

Hi all

After a cheapish helmet that doesnt look rubbish. Most helmets are styled pretty well but once on head they tend to look way to big. Is that because of the 'one size fits all' sizing?

Any body got any recommendations?

Cheers,
    Nathan

MrNutt
    Free Member

Ask yourself how much you spent protecting your feet then work out how much your head is worth?

colande
    Free Member

does a more expensive helmet offer more protection for your head?
    genuine question?

the giro indicator I think is a nicely styled helmet for the money

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/protection/helmet-standard/product/indicator-helmet-10116

CrumpledCartlidge
    Free Member

@ Mr Nutt; A fiver

@ Colande; I doubt it. Not a bad looking helmet that. Ta

MrNutt
    Free Member

Make your own out of paper mâché flour, newspaper & water should come in at just under a fiver if you include paint?

stevede
    Free Member

You can get a giro hex for less than £40 if you look hard enough – rutland and a place called fudge cycles (seriously) are the cheapest i've found. Picked my xen up for £60 from evans online which was a bargain imo.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

colande – Member

does a more expensive helmet offer more protection for your head?
    genuine question?

Fit is the key thing. Helmets that come in different shell sizes fit better ( unless you have a big head) so offer more protection. It tends to be only the more expensive helmets that offer different shell sizes.

Other than that the differences will be marginal. Some helmets cover more of your head.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Got a 1 ride old giro havoc you can have for £25 posted
    black and grey size medium (up to 59cm)

email in profile

carbon337
    Free Member

Piss pot?

Tsg ones are fairly cheap I have superlight one and they aren't as hot as you would think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheapish helmet that doesnt look rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.