Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cheapest wide range drivetrain
  • subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Seen the microshift advent which looks ideal but doesn’t seem available in this country yet

Looking for rear mech, shifter and cassette with at least a 40t lowest gear not really bothered how many speed it is

Have looked but not sure what is compatible with what

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

I use Shimano Deore (M6000) 2×10 on three bikes.

All in mountain goat setup.
    Front 24+34
    Rear 11…42

M6000 Boost cranks are normally not available with those chain rings. You have to buy them (24 and 34) separately (couple bucks) and swap them.

Great setup if you do multi day rides with heavy (6 kg or so) backpack with lots of uphill biking.

Absolutely rugged stuff and low maintenance costs.

junglistjut
    Free Member

Another vote for Shimano M6000. My girlfriend’s bike uses this in 1×10 config and it’s been great so far.

molgrips
    Free Member

M7000 SLX with 46T cassette I think is cheapest, no?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

40t isn’t exactly ow or wide these days!! Do you want Low or Wide Range or Both?
    NX11 or NX Eagle – the Eagle for the big range

subduedsupernova
    Free Member

Sorry should have said single ring upfront

Don’t need a massive range used to just about manage with 36t lowest gear before wide range become available.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Another vote for Shimano M6000. My girlfriend’s bike uses this in 1×10 config and it’s been great so far.

Deore M6000 in 1×10

zippykona

I bought one of these.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153069793262

It shifts perfectly and am using it with a non clutch 9 speed rear mech and a proper single ring up front. Never dropped the chain.

The lock ring is made of cheese so find a Shimano one from somewhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest wide range drivetrain’ is closed to new replies.