• This topic has 16 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheapest places for track wheels and cranks etc (for a ratbike commuter)
  • hora
    Free Member

Wheels and cranks namely. Any saley places etc???? 🙂

davidjey
    Free Member

Why do you need track-specific stuff? Ghetto SS (adaptors on a cassette, any old cog, chain and chainring) FTW.

hora
    Free Member

Ah ok see what you mean- as long as it fits etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

mrmo
    Free Member

might i suggest cranks
    and wheels
    and when your bored i am sure i could give you a couple of quid for them.

Bregante

and when your bored i am sure i could give you a couple of quid for them.

A bit harsh that mrmo, Hora’s days of changing his mind every 5 minutes are well behind him.

hora – Member
    I wont commute on a bike. Too many close misses.

POSTED 17 HOURS AGO

😉

TiRed

Have some errr yellow used track wheels from my Paddy Wagon you can have for postage. Any old square taper crank will be fine. Move the chainring to the best place for alignment.

hora
    Free Member

Bregante- my last track bike (Fuji) was with me for two years! I cant keep driving 1mile to work every day. Its making me look very lazy…

TiRed will email you

cynic-al
    Free Member

ebay.

binners

Maybe its making you look lazy because you are actually lazy? You lazy ****! 😀

Have you considered having a large Trebuchet installed in the back garden, and have Lisa launch you to work in the morning? You can hobble back on your shattered and crushed, bleeding stumps!

Anyway… what the hell are you thinking, you massive flod? You can get from your house to your office on the canal towpath, without touching the road. What are you building some gay fixie track bike for? You’re going to ride down a suicidally busy main road in rush hour, rather than get the mountain bike out and ride down a quiet towpath, where all you’ll encounter is the odd dog walker? 😯

Sometimes your logic is ****ing stupid unfathomable! Just build yourself a singlespeed hardtail hack bike and use that. You’ve probably got enough parts kicking around in the shed to build 3

theflatboy
    Free Member

Even I don’t think I’d bother getting the bike out for a one mile commute.

Edit – to clarify, I’d sooner do that than drive, though.

woody2000

Even I don’t think I’d bother getting the bike out for a one mile commute

Nah, me neither. Walk it man 🙂

cheers_drive

Walking it will get you fitter to.
    I had a 1.5 mile commute once – 30 minute walk, 10 minute cycle, 15 minute car. Nearly always walked apart from when I was late or it was raining when I then cycled.

thepodge
    Free Member

I have a set of cranks, bb, fixed / free rear & a standard 700c front if you like.

they’ll not be posh enough for you while also being too expensive but I could drop them off with Chris & you’d have them on sunday

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

LFGSS classifieds

edhornby

don’t go completely cheapsh1t for the cranks, get something half decent because the cheap ones just round off the square taper and fall off, or bend (really)

I’ve seen 30quid wheelsets on ebay, they’d be ok

hora
    Free Member

Binners Everytime I go to the supermarket I eye up those electric buggies. Whats that grape-eating over-indulgiance droid on Futurama?

C’est moi 8) 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest places for track wheels and cranks etc (for a ratbike commuter)’ is closed to new replies.