Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cheapest decent 32t N/W chainring and bolts combo?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

Anyone – I need both, where’s the best bet for getting this arranged for minimum spend?

Cheers!

jamiep
    Free Member

Superstar for ring – £26

theflatboy
    Free Member

Cheers, is it cheapest option to get their ring (or On One’s), and get bolts elsewhere or is there a retailer that does a decent combo deal on both that anyone’s gone for recently?

Yak

The on-one ring is so fat that standard bolts fit. No need for narrow ones. (on an old xt m770).

theflatboy
    Free Member

Now that is good knowledge. Thanks, that sounds like the way to go then!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Superstar.

Dark-Side

I believe Ace Components do a chainring/bolt combination for £27 inc 10% discount for newsletter sign up 😉

tmb467
    Free Member

Ace Components… ace 🙂

they’ll do the dinner plate, 10sp chain and 16t sprocket (if you ask nicely) in the groupset for £99 (less 10% for newsletter sign-up too!)

good kit, nice people

Northwind

The superstar one works just as well as the works components one I have, not quite as nicely machined but that’s not that important, wear rate seems about the same. A cynic might say they chose a good product to copy 😉 But anyway, it is good.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Ace – now that sounds like a plan… 🙂

philxx1975
    Free Member

BML rings 20 quid on ebay includes rear bolts as they are machined into the ring, was a write up on ere the other day, constantly sold out it seems ,got mine off ebay.

cooie

Superstar, and bolts from ebay. Ridden twice forgetting to put clutch on and no chain drop 🙂

paladin

Got superstar on one bike with the original long chainring bolts and spacers fitted.

Other bike just been fitted with the ace components kit. Kit looks good, but I had stuck their chainring bolts together with tape so I didn’t lose bits before fitting, and on removing them from the tape the surface coating came off the bolts. Doesn’t make much difference to me, they’ll be constantly covered in crap anyway

cliffyc
    Free Member

I used fibre washers on chainring with old long bolts. I scrounged them from garage in next street,asked nicely got ’em free. Have stayed as tight as when I first fitted them. I think they are around 10mm size,hope this is useful? 🙂

matty456
    Free Member

Last 6 months had a superstar 32t 1×10 set up on my bfe, absolutely no problems. Just ordered another 32t for my ss 29er as I can’t get up the local hills with a 36t! Good quality chain rings for the money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cheapest decent 32t N/W chainring and bolts combo?’ is closed to new replies.