Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cheaper In the US?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

I’ve got some time to kill in Atlanta next week. Is there anything in the US worth buying which is significantly cheaper than here in the UK? With the exchange rates far from the good old 2:1 days is it worth it? Biking and non biking tips welcomed!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Petrol

mattyfez

Fenyanyl.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Chlorinated Chicken

molgrips
    Free Member

Still jeans. Not much else tho.

corroded
    Free Member

Am in California at the moment. There’s not a lot that’s cheaper now, especially with taxes and tips. I always check the prices on small, high-value stuff like Chris King hubs or BBs etc but they’re not sufficiently tempting these days.

BillOddie

When I was in Boston just before Christmas 2014, I did all my Christmas shopping for the wife (perfume) and kids (toys and clothes plus a few bits for me for about 1/2 – 3/4 of the price of stuff in the UK…

Last year in Florida…even the Outlets seemed really expensive. Even 1/2 US list price was only about the same as “sale prices” over here and that was before the 25% tariff on Chinese made stuff.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Guns n ammo?

krixmeister

England 2019 Football Shirt

Posted as a USA supporter…

antigee

usually get two meals for the price of one without asking

batfink
    Free Member

Yeti stuff is cheaper in dollars than it is in GBP

Probably would struggle to get one of their hard-coolers home on the plane, but they do loads of other good stuff

wordnumb
    Free Member

Freedumb.

5lab

I travel to the U.S. quite often with work and normally get Amazon to drop a package in one of their lockers, easy and zero faff

Atlanta’s not great, but the coke museum is kinda interesting

timba
    Free Member

Timberland shoes and RayBans

Kryton57

If you have kids, clothes are ridiculously cheap.

boombang
    Free Member

They charge you more for clothes if you don’t have kids?

munrobiker
    Free Member

My wife’s American and we use our visit every two years to stock up on clothes. Last time I was there I also got a set of Answer carbon DH bars and a stem to go with them for £40 – when they do do a sale, they do it good. Outlets are the best place for cheap clothes, but we only go there for jeans (decent jeans are about $40) and get everything else online.

Tallpaul

Find an outlet Mall. I stocked up on jeans and trainers earlier this year. Savings were somewhat offset by the designer handbag my Wife requested, but at least it was about 35% of the RRP in the UK.

athy62
    Free Member

That coke museum is nothing to be sniffed at!

footflaps

Last time I was in NY, clothes prices seemed higher than UK high street prices.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cheaper In the US?’ is closed to new replies.