Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cheap Things Tuesday: Drivetrains, Forks, Flat Shoes and more
  • Ben_Haworth

It’s January. Sorry about that. January brings a return to the regular working shift pattern. It’s also January Sales time!

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Cheap Things Tuesday: Drivetrains, Forks, Flat Shoes and more

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

matt_outandabout

That Kona is a stonking deal if you’re the right height for a 54cm….

flyingpotatoes

Think only the 100mm dropper post is £49.99.
    The rest are the usual price £99.99

The Madison trousers look a great buy

Rubber_Buccaneer

Think only the 100mm dropper post is £49.99.

And only the 10-45 cassette is cheap, not the 10-51.

With a little effort these articles could be quite useful leading to more purchases and, I assume, more money for Singletrack.

mashr

Front only for the Hayes brakes, not too handy

desperatebicycle

Nice, ordered some Fox 34s for £325 for my spare frame 🙂

darksideby182

Those Hayes levers can be flipped so a new longer hose and accessories could make it into a rear brake

gazzab1955

Realise that you are looking at cheap deals, but just because they are cheap doesn’t make them good. The reviews on those gloves are that they are in the main not very good, poor fitting, stiff and not breathable. And as @Rubber_Buccaneer says only the 10-45 cassette is cheap. You should also make it clear, I think, that you are cutting/pasting the manufacturer’s blurb and that these are not STW staff words as it sounds like you are recommending these items.

halifaxpete

Sram groupset just dropped on my doorstep, Worth getting as spare for that money. Tempted by the half price fox34’s for the hardtail, damn my low bank balance!

Gunz
    Free Member

I’ve got some gloves made by GripGrab and they’re toasty, highly recommended.

rdoadesuk

Most of the cheaper options are sold out! EG. Drivetrain only has £251 option available! 🙁

rdoadesuk

Or maybe not! Just checked again and its £154!! 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

CRC have some great deals on Microshift kit at the moment and SLX 7100 170mm cranks for £65 ain’t bad.

Ambrose

Two pairs of Madison trousers just ordered. Mrs A and myself both like the fit of their kit.

Ben_Haworth

Comments noted. Good calls. Doable. Next week will ‘apply’ them. Ta!

breadcrumb

What’s the sizing like on the Madison trousers? I’m a 32″ waist which is usually a medium but looking at the chart it puts me in a small 🤷🏽‍♂️

desperatebicycle

@gazzab1955 man, it’s a good job there’s someone with a brain round here, to help all us **** thick morons out. I’m sure we’d be buying everything on the list if it wasn’t for you.

40mpg

What’s the sizing like on the Madison trousers?

They’re generous on sizing. I’m a 34″ waist, went Large, had to swap for medium as too loose but also way too long for my 31″ leg. Medium are still a tad long but OK.

breadcrumb

Thanks @40mpg. May take a gamble on the small then 👍

gazzab1955

to help all us **** thick morons out

@desperatebicycle
    you said it 🙂

dyna-ti

Nice, ordered some Fox 34s for £325

5am and I’m looking at them too as a spare for the Ebike. I did buy a spare RS lyrik select but its not entirely ideal, and the steerer is pre cut about 20mm shorter than would be optimal.

Grrrrrrrrrrr I hate these sales 😡

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.