Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheap source of HTII BB spacers
  • dave_h
    Free Member

I need a few spacers – can’t even begin to consider paying £1.99 each from CRC for the Hope ones.

Where does them cheaper?

bigjim

i bet your lbs has a bucket full of them

flyingmonkeycorps

Pretty sure I have loads downstairs, if I didn’t bin them. How many do you need?

dave_h
    Free Member

Just 5mm worth.

flyingmonkeycorps

Will have a look when I go downstairs 🙂

steveh

And if the airborne primate can’t help I think I’ve got some too. Drop me an email if you’re still stuck.

billyboy
    Free Member

£1.99!! Times is foooookin hard!

dave_h
    Free Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

billyboy – 2 x 1.5mm and 2 x 1mm is 8 quid. For a 5mm band of cheap metal. One more spacer and it’s the same price as a new complete Deore BB. Bonkers.

flyingmonkeycorps

Yup – got a wee little bag (probably from a Shimano BB) with 4 spacers in, not sure on the sizes but there’s more than 5mm in total. I think Shimano standard is 2x 2.5, 1x 1.8 and 1x 0.7mm, so I’d guess that.

Yours if they’re any good, drop me your address (email in profile).

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Yup – got a wee little bag (probably from a Shimano BB) with 4 spacers in, not sure on the sizes but there’s more than 5mm in total. I think Shimano standard is 2x 2.5, 1x 1.8 and 1x 0.7mm, so I’d guess that.

Yours if they’re any good, drop me your address (email from website in profile).

Ditto the above. Apart from my email isn’t the same. 🙂

dave_h
    Free Member

FMC – YGM

steveh / Pimpmaster – Thank you for your offers.

My faith in humanity is restored! 😉

tandemwarriors

or find that old cassette in the spares box and get the spacers out of that. File off the 3 tabs on the inside and they’re the same size as BB spacers. I replaced the naff Hope plastic spacers on my Hope BB (before they changed them to aluminium)like this.

Rob

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheap source of HTII BB spacers’ is closed to new replies.