Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cheap softshell – Altura Attack 360?
  • craig24
    Free Member

Just about to pull the trigger on – http://www.rutlandcycling.com/158424/products/altura-attack-360-windproof-softshell-jacket-blue—red.aspx

Is there anything else for around this price worth looking at?

Northwind

Cheap softshell from any outdoors shop? Mine is a Decathlon cheapy, works really well.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Got one of the Altura ones. It is quite thin, but the fit is great and is warm enough with a long sleeve top on underneath.
    Not been out in the rain in it yet.

woody2000

The hood on that 360 is massive and flaps about all over the place whilst riding. Not removable either. Sizing is a bit off too, I bought a med and it’s big – I’m just about 5’8 and of normal build.

I’ll sell you mine if you want it, £17.50 posted 🙂

craig24
    Free Member

Any chance you can send it today? If so I’ll take it.

woody2000

When do you need it by? I wouldn’t get to the PO today but I could drop it off with myHermes or similar

jointhedotz
    Free Member

I have the attack 360, @ 6’2 the xl fits like a glove and I’ve not noticed too much hood flapping either and it’s adjustable by drawstring. Does a decent job protecting against wind and light rain too. I’d buy another quite happily.

Oh, front pockets have zips as well, doesn’t say on page so thought I’d mention it.

craig24
    Free Member

Sorry Woody I’m not sure if I’d be a medium or large so think I best leave it. Thanks for the offer though!

woody2000

No worries 🙂

Stainypants

Woody I,ll take it. I was just about to order one.

craig24
    Free Member

Little update I got the black and red version for £25 from Stonehenge Cycles –

http://www.stonehengecycles.com/product/10720/2015_Altura_Attack_360_Windproof_Jacket

Quite thin but very warm, good fit with room for another layer underneath. Seems to be both windproof and waterproof so far. Bargain for £25!

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s not waterproof, but pretty repellent and dries quick – being thin.

I’ve bought a couple and think they’re spot-on for MTBing (and dog walking).

whisky711
    Free Member

Looks like it’s made of the same stuff as their waterproof attack shorts, which are brilliant. 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Different material to those.

alric
    Free Member

are they better than these?
    http://www.portstewartclothing.com/p-4373-dare2b-outshine-mens-waterproof-brthable-stretch-cycle-running-jacket-yellow.aspx
    (which are available in other colours)

anyone tried them?

warns74
    Free Member

jointhedotz – Member
    I have the attack 360, @ 6’2 the xl fits like a glove and I’ve not noticed too much hood flapping either and it’s adjustable by drawstring. Does a decent job protecting against wind and light rain too. I’d buy another quite happily.

What chest size are you for the XL, is the size chart accurate?

benp1

I’m 6’3 with a 38/40 inch chest, medium in normal clothes, large in roadie clothes.

I tried on the medium in the Rutland Water store, body was a good fit but sleeves weren’t long enough and the cuffs weren’t elasticated

Thought it was a good jacket that was very well priced, if the sleeves were longer I’d have bought it

jointhedotz
    Free Member

warns74 – Member
    What chest size are you for the XL, is the size chart accurate?

No idea on chest size i’m afraid, fairly slim built apart from the beer podge though. I can measure later if you want (oo-er). If it helps I tend to wear an xl in normal tee shirts etc.

coomber
    Free Member

I’m 6’3 with a 38/40 inch chest, medium in normal clothes, large in roadie clothes.

I tried on the medium in the Rutland Water store, body was a good fit but sleeves weren’t long enough and the cuffs weren’t elasticated

Thought it was a good jacket that was very well priced, if the sleeves were longer I’d have bought it

Im a smidge shorter I guess but 38 chest and I bought a Medium which is a good fit. Arms could be longer but they are pretty long. Overall it’s a quality bit of kit for the price. Looks almost too nice in red and blue to ride in. I’ve not used mine since Christmas as dont like getting it muddy. 😳

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cheap softshell – Altura Attack 360?’ is closed to new replies.