Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Cheap, relaible scales
  • honourablegeorge

Are they mutually exclusive? I have a cheap EBay digital scales, and whilst I like what it’s claiming about the weight of my bikes, I don’t really believe it. The Park/Feedback ones are about fifty quid, which is rather steep, considering I’m only weighing stuff out of curiosity (I realise this is probably the denial stage of weight weenieism)

And cheap decent scales out there?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Just make up the weights, that’s what everyone else on the internet does.

thejesmonddingo

No,I use Salter Electro Samsons,bought for weighing barbel,the fishermans scale of choice.

honourablegeorge

davidtaylforth – Member
    Just make up the weights, that’s what everyone else on the internet does.

I’d like to know the real weight for myself, though. Obviously I’ll knock off 10% when I post it on here.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, Salter one is no cheaper than the bike-specific jobs

LapSteel
    Free Member

Got some from Lidl a couple of weeks ago for £6.99……may be some left…………….They confirmed that my bikes are still heavy….may be some left

nickjb
    Free Member

I bought a cheap ebay baggage one and it’s been pretty accurate. Seems to agree with the scales at the airport. If your set give repeatable figures you can always calibrate it with a bucket of water to work out a scale factor

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

+1 jesmondingo mate has a set of salters while I use fox , another barbel angler on a biking forum-rare …I’ll take yours and raise you a biggun

On the subject of scales use a bag of sugar or 10 to check accuracy, its well known that the heavier the item the less accurate the scales are prone to

honourablegeorge

Seems repeatable, yeah

Water method is an interesting idea. And involved far more faff than doing it properly, which is good.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d like to know the real weight for myself, though. Obviously I’ll knock off 10% when I post it on here.

😀

honourablegeorge

LapSteel – Member
    Got some from Lidl a couple of weeks ago for £6.99……may be some left…………….They confirmed that my bikes are still heavy….may be some left

I have a Lidl one. One attempt at weight the DH bike and something pinged. It now starts at -5lb, and reckons my Spicy is 19lb.

thejesmonddingo

Mattzzz,big girl,my pb is only 14lb.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

14.2 that girl , trent october 2009 i think, she was empty so would have gone 15-16 about march

thejesmonddingo

Bless,did a 14lb off the scrapyard in Newark.

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Know it well, we’ve totally hijacked this thread sorry OP in for a penny in for a pound
    Mainly fish Piscatorial waters now( notts not Newark ) loads to go at mostly untouched roll on the 16th 😛

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new one of THESE you could have for £40 posted.

thejesmonddingo

In South Yorks,mostly Don and Dearne,but do like the Trent.

honourablegeorge

So, it turns out that my scale is accurate, but I am a moron.

My Spicy was just under 28 Jin, not 28 pounds. Seems my scale caters to the Chinese market as well as the European.

1 pound = 0.907 184 74 jin.

mrelectric

Dealextreme have a load of models . There is hook hangy one for a few bucks that has worked well for a few years. Correlates well with more accurate types I’d tried . Good for luggage too.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Aire stocked and they are moving up river into Skipton lengths, river Cele France amazing for barble

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cheap, relaible scales’ is closed to new replies.