Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • CHEAP powdercoaters in/near Sheffield
  • cp

Hopefully getting the inbred back from frame repair shop this week, and as it’s going to be a commuter aint so bothered on finish, but want to protect the frame. So I was just going to rattle can the newly welded area, but may be tempted to powdercoat if anyone knows somewhere who can powdercoat for cheapness.. like £30 or less. I don’t mind masking up, and don’t mind colour if they just stick it in a current run they’re doing.

Any suggestions on cheap places?

mildred

There’s a very good powder coated in Bolsover, which isn’t that far from sheffield. Google it as I can’t recall the name of the bloke.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Sheffield powder coaters did a full sus frame for me for 30 quid. Took about 2 weeks as I wanted a particular colour. I stripped the frame myself and the only problems with the finish was where I had left traces of undercoat on. Otherwise a very nice job.

They didn’t mask the bb shell though and I got leisure lakes to ream out the BB threads. took em an hour!

They are near the incinerator, off the parkway

TN
    Free Member

Two Brothers near the Foundry did a really good job on mine but if you strip it yourself I’d recommend masking the bb yourself. Had a fair bit of ‘overspray’ despite my insistance that neeeeede to be clean. Great finish though, and cheap. Nice blokes too.
    (sorted the overspray myself with my brother in laws dremel. Took about 30 minutes but only because I was being a wuss.)

TN
    Free Member

Also, got the frame back within 3 working days.

thepodge
    Free Member

express coatings down by the wicker have done a few of my mates frames, considering taking the Kona down there after its refurb

robidoo
    Free Member

Batchglow nr Dinnington. Mask it yourself take it at night and you could get it back the same night, depends who is working that night I would say about 20 quid in most colours.

takisawa2

All thread, corresponding nuts & them large square washers for bolting joists, are ideal for the BB & head tube, but make sure you cut the all thread to length such that the thread is flush or sub flush in the nuts . Old bolts for bottle bosses. Paper / card rolled up, inserted then “unwound’ tightly will protect the seat tube.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I cannot recommend Express Coatings. They are anything but express in my experience, (6 weeks for a radiator in white!), aggressive when I called to ask when it would be done and did a poor job full of pinholes and bubbles.

I think they are cheap though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘CHEAP powdercoaters in/near Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.